Breed??

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusLimoX":3jhqhks0 said:
Beefy":3jhqhks0 said:
the cow looked like a shorthorn to me. the bull looked like a charolais. so i kept my mouth shut.

Beefy, I gotta ask, and I hope you have time - but what specific things made you think each way? And if I didn't respect your opinion I wouldn't ask.

Just trying to improve my eye.

X-
the cow's hindquarters arent heavily muscled like a typical charolais cow. also, her length compared to depth isnt stretchy enough to indicate that she would be charolais, to me. confromationwise, she just looks very much like a british breed to me. to git real technical about it, something about her head has more of a shorty look than a charolais to me.

As for the bull, he is very stretchy and doenst have as much depth as i would expect a shorthorn to have, in relation to his length. he also isnt muscled as much as a charolais should be in the hindquarter, but i overlooked that b/c he has a good butt, its just not as good as a charolais should have. he looks tall, and the curly hair, hairy ears, and just look of the head appears to be that of a charolais.

when i think shorthorn i think stocky. excellent depth and ok length. when i think charolais i think long, tall, and very muscular.

clear as mud? big help i'm sure...

Thanks Beefy!

Yep I look at a lot of Chars, one of the predominants breeds around here. I would have bet they were not Chars due to length and height. If they were Charl, maybe some offshoot or early line, but not the monsters I see around here.

Thanks very much for taking the time to point those things out Beefy. :D

Latest posts