breed terminology

Help Support CattleToday:

la4angus":3sdngklg said:
Silco
What are the 6 essentials of the Beefmaster breed?

weight, conformation, milking ability, fertility, disposition and hardiness.

WORANCH":3b09j0tn said:
la4angus":3b09j0tn said:
Silco
What are the 6 essentials of the Beefmaster breed?

weight, conformation, milking ability, fertility, disposition and hardiness.
ThanksWORANCH

I already checked it out. Nothing like these websites. I just know mostly Angus and a little bit of other breeds.

How many head of beefmaster cattle do you run on your ranch. They are one of the best moma cows i have.

ARANCH":14ctg15r said:
How many head of beefmaster cattle do you run on your ranch. They are one of the best moma cows i have.
None, I had just gone to a sale while I was looking for a replacement heifer. The only experience I have with beefmasters is my father used to run a beefmaster bull on red pole cows. Seemed to work out for him, but that was years ago.
Funny thing though, those red pole cows were popular at one time, but I don't hear much about them anymore. I'm not sure if "red pole" is the official name, but thats what everyone called them.

Red Poll cattle seem to have fallen a bit in popularlity. They have great maternal traits, calm and easy to work, but they just don't get the size that is in demand in the commercial slaughter market.

dun

jfont":39tl4kdj said:
ARANCH":39tl4kdj said:
None, I had just gone to a sale while I was looking for a replacement heifer. The only experience I have with beefmasters is my father used to run a beefmaster bull on red pole cows. Seemed to work out for him, but that was years ago.
Funny thing though, those red pole cows were popular at one time, but I don't hear much about them anymore. I'm not sure if "red pole" is the official name, but thats what everyone called them.

Latest posts