Breed or sell ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ellie May":2os40rkh said:
Howdy,
We don't breed our heifers till they are at least 2 or older. We had so many calving problems before we started breeding them at a later age it wasn't funny.
Bye,
Ellie May

;-)

This is because you have absolutely no idea what you are doing.

Ellie May":10x4nr35 said:
No don't have an IDEA I KNOW! Plus I know that yeah I get enjoyment out of Herefords, Going against your own kind......well that's just mest up.
Ellie May

I want my own kind to REPRESENT the breed with some bit of intelligence, Not just saying breed herefords because they are lovely, and pretty, and the best. They are not the best their ownly usefullness in my eye's are in a crossbreeding program. Telling people to only breed heifers at 2 years of age is also assine. Can you imagine if I walked into my bankers office trying to get a $100,000 dollar loan to buy replacement heifers and trying to get my cash flow to work after sitting on them for a year when they should have been having calves? No he would laugh at you. I know you love your herefords but people like you are the laughing stock of real cattlemen.

BLACKPOWER":15xnegk9 said:
Ellie May":15xnegk9 said:
No don't have an IDEA I KNOW! Plus I know that yeah I get enjoyment out of Herefords, Going against your own kind......well that's just mest up.
Ellie May

I want my own kind to REPRESENT the breed with some bit of intelligence, Not just saying breed herefords because they are lovely, and pretty, and the best. They are not the best their ownly usefullness in my eye's are in a crossbreeding program. Telling people to only breed heifers at 2 years of age is also assine. Can you imagine if I walked into my bankers office trying to get a $100,000 dollar loan to buy replacement heifers and trying to get my cash flow to work after sitting on them for a year when they should have been having calves? No he would laugh at you. I know you love your herefords but people like you are the laughing stock of real cattlemen.

I want say I am your kind but heifers had better be ready to go at one year for me. I have no room for a nonproductive cow,and she had better drop a calf every twelve months. I know ya'll are probablly sick of my saying ruthless culling of the herd, I am not raising pets. I have been in the cattle business since I was sixteen. I love it but its still about $$$.

Well yeah if your in it for the money yea you want to breed as early as you can, as you can we are but we don't really on it. Oh and BlackPower your an american right? that's my own kind your a cattle producer right? that's my own kind.
Ellie May

Thank you, I don't want to sound all like weird or whatever but I'll tell you the truth, I didn't like you or campground at first but now I've come to see you are very wise and smart, I've learned alot from you (la4angus) and campground. I don't know if you'll hate me know or take it as a compliment I want you to take it as a cmpliment and thank you.
Ellie May

Ellie May
Thank you. I think that you are an asset to this board.
You have the potential of being what you want to be. Most young people your age have no idea what they want to be.
I just hope that you go into working with animals. Maybe a Vet practice or
working with a feedyard. Lots of young ladies are being employed to work with and care for cattle in feedyards.
More now than in past years.

Ellie May":2enxdddm said:
Ellie I still love you and you keep doing what feels right. I hate opinionated cattlemen that it's there way or the highway. All breeds bring something to the table. It's amazing what you can learn from others by opening your mind and ears. In nearly 50 years I never visited someones operation that I didn't leave without learning something new.

Hey Campground

Me and you gunna fight over her.
That would be something, then here comes Dun & D.R. Cattle.
We need more like her with interest in livestock.

la4angus":s9d6eoxu said:
Hey Campground

Me and you gunna fight over her.
That would be something, then here comes Dun & D.R. Cattle.
We need more like her with interest in livestock.
No we both gonna raise her and help she'e a good kid we need a lot more like her

I appreciate Ellie although I sometimes wonder if she isn't really a 50 year old man in Iowa sitting in his long handles all day just fooling with us.

Ollie":1xz8ns1u said:
I appreciate Ellie although I sometimes wonder if she isn't really a 50 year old man in Iowa sitting in his long handles all day just fooling with us.
Naw

Thanks Ollie! A thousand thank-you's, as that was the funniest mental image you drew with your comment. Can't quit grinning now even though I'm past giggling over it.

No offense, Ellie (long johns or not), but God bless people with a well developed sense of humour. It's been a loooooong calving season, and still 80 head left.

Take care, and keep on smiling.

Nah
She cante be 50 years old and still even talk about loving animals that much. Only a teenager can do that. If i'm lying i'm dyin.
Go Ellie May

Wrong! I may not wax poetic about it, but that love for the critters is still there. That's the reason after having retired and gone out of the (relatively) large herd we now are back to just a couple of dozen head. And trust me, I'm significantly past being a teenager, or 50 for that matter.

dun

la4angus":g8jh673m said:
Nah
She cante be 50 years old and still even talk about loving animals that much. Only a teenager can do that. If i'm lying i'm dyin.
Go Ellie May

dun":3ng2hfbs said:
Wrong! I may not wax poetic about it, but that love for the critters is still there. That's the reason after having retired and gone out of the (relatively) large herd we now are back to just a couple of dozen head. And trust me, I'm significantly past being a teenager, or 50 for that matter.

dun

la4angus":3ng2hfbs said:
Nah
Go Ellie May
The love for the critters is still there for me also. But we can't express our selves quiet as good as Ellie May.

Latest posts