Breed Association Fees

Help Support CattleToday:

vclavin

Reaction score
I didn't want to mess the the Hereford thread with this question, but I am curious and this may help new folk as well.

I know we can all go to the individual websites for this info, but this puts it all in one place. Post a breed link too if you like.

Please post the annual dues you have to pay, charges for herd data turned in, updates to any data programs you keep for them, registration fees, transfer fees, AI certificate fees.

American Angus Assoc. http://www.angus.org/General/gnrlCurrentFees.aspx (fee list on website)
Dues $80.00 without magazine
Registration - 4-10 months $9.00
Transfer withing 30 days of sale $5.00
weaning data - $3.00
AI certificate - $10.00
AIMs program - herd updates $15.00 (twice a year) (owned animals and their ancesters)

Valerie

Charolais....

$100 year
$14 per animal for Whole Herd Rewards...
This lets you get all your data reported and transfer of the calf for free... This is a yearly amount also...

deenranch":2zrm295v said:
Charolais....

$100 year
$14 per animal for Whole Herd Rewards...
This lets you get all your data reported and transfer of the calf for free... This is a yearly amount also...
Does that $14 include registration and then transfer? Or do you just wait and do register/transfer at the same time for the $14.00
Do you have to pay seperate for AI certificates?
I almost bought a registered Charlois Heifer a year or so back, they wanted 100 dollars for registration. I see I totally misunderstood the system. I'm assuming you have to be a member to register and transfer animals just like the Angus Assoc?
Valerie

American Tarentaise Assn

$50/year membership. Includes a newsletter; don't have a full blown magazine anymore.

$15 per year, per cow 2 years or older, for Complete Herd Reporting. (That is if you are on time, there's some penalties for turning it in late and a re-activation fee for cows dropped and then brought back later.)

This fee includes recording of that year's calf, plus the first transfer of that calf, even if it happens in a later year. Breeders' choice whether to just record (compute) the calf or register and get a certificate. Weights are adjusted and ratio'd, and pedigree estimate EPD's tabulated, either way. BW and WW are required.

This is if you submit the calf data yourself via the web site. If you send paperwork to the office for them to key it in, there is an additional fee for that, something like $2 per head.

Does that $14 include registration and then transfer? Or do you just wait and do register/transfer at the same time for the $14.00
Do you have to pay seperate for AI certificates?
I almost bought a registered Charlois Heifer a year or so back, they wanted 100 dollars for registration. I see I totally misunderstood the system. I'm assuming you have to be a member to register and transfer animals just like the Angus Assoc?
Valerie

The $14 you pay for the cow to be enrolled in WHR lets you register the calf and transfer it one time... It doesn't matter if the calf is 1 year old or 10 years old... As long as her dam was enrolled you can transfer the calf free.... AI certs are seperate... You get those from the breeder or owner of the bull... You can transfer and register cattle as a non memeber but it cost more.... The heifer you almost bought shouldn't have cost you $100 to register... It should have cost the seller $100.. I don't know where that # came from.... The AICA requires the seller to pay all fees... The buyer doesn't pay anything to the AICA...

Latest posts