Bred prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Hard to advise someone in NC from Mn.
You are right, last year small price difference based on quality and now wide variation.
I would say $1300 for the group is over priced, but $1300 for pick of the herd is probably as good a deal you will find.
I would hop on it before someone else takes him up on it and picks through the herd ahead of you.

Price is high like was stated but getting to pick over is ok if you get there first. The barn for long bred tops out at 1150 from what I am looking at today and seen the last few weeks.

$1200 was the top price here for heavy bred last week BUT you never know what you're getting at the Sale Barn. I would definitely pay $1300 for pick of the herd. Looks like your luck is about to change :)

TCRanch":159kpjwu said:
$1200 was the top price here for heavy bred last week BUT you never know what you're getting at the Sale Barn. I would definitely pay $1300 for pick of the herd. Looks like your luck is about to change :)

You never know what you are getting with any animal you buy from the sale barn or private sale.. The only difference is you get to hear a story from the owner.. They can be honest or could be full of it. Private sales are no guarantee of quality they just come with a good story.

skyhightree1":1mqzad6f said:
TCRanch":1mqzad6f said:

You never know what you are getting with any animal you buy from the sale barn or private sale.. The only difference is you get to hear a story from the owner.. They can be honest or could be full of it. Private sales are no guarantee of quality they just come with a good story.

Point taken, Sky. When someone buys private treaty from us they are welcome to see the entire herd (which they generally do) & I provide a complete health history along with our vet's contact info. It's naive of me to assume honesty/full disclosure is always protocol.

TCRanch":21zjnpwv said:
skyhightree1":21zjnpwv said:
TCRanch":21zjnpwv said:

Point taken, Sky. When someone buys private treaty from us they are welcome to see the entire herd (which they generally do) & I provide a complete health history along with our vet's contact info. It's naive of me to assume honesty/full disclosure is always protocol.

I don't by that Sky. And TCRANCH, I don't believe you'd lie or misled someone. If I sell you something off our place it's going to be good. And if your not happy I'll buy it back or make it right. The cows and calves I sell at the sale barn have no guarantees, and some of them I cut our ear tags out because they have our farm name printed on them. Bottom line is that's a good price in my eyes.

True Grit Farms":1fce12r5 said:
TCRanch":1fce12r5 said:
skyhightree1":1fce12r5 said:

I don't by that Sky. And TCRANCH, I don't believe you'd lie or misled someone. If I sell you something off our place it's going to be good. And if your not happy I'll buy it back or make it right. The cows and calves I sell at the sale barn have no guarantees, and some of them I cut our ear tags out because they have our farm name printed on them. Bottom line is that's a good price in my eyes.

No I was not saying TCR that you would lie but if the world was so full of honest folks the world would be a better place. Sure you all can say that's how you operate and you do im sure.. however not everyone falls under the honest business person category.

Sky, I believe lots of folks feel like I do. If I tell you something I'll do my best to back it up. Screwing folks doesn't work out very well when they know where you live.

True Grit Farms":9q0yvvvi said:
Sky, I believe lots of folks feel like I do. If I tell you something I'll do my best to back it up. Screwing folks doesn't work out very well when they know where you live.

You got that right. That is a concept everyone should make sure they understand!!!

I'm showing a man my cattle later today. 12 pairs and 3 heavies. I told him 1500 a head whether it was a heavy bred or 3in1. 1700 a head for the pairs if he picks 10 or more. I feel like I'm giving them away but I need to get the pressure off of the place and build a freaking house.

Latest posts