Bred heifers down South of the equator.

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58

Reaction score
Well, I got some photos of my bred heifers a bit sooner than I expected. These will start calving from early July so a couple of months older than JSCunn's, they have had a great summer so have done pretty well. Their weights were recorded on the 30th January.

R9 is a SAV Rainmaster out of a Renown cow, tested safe to Mead Magnitude 524 kg

R6 is a Sydgen Enhance out of a SAV Thunderbird cow, she is the one that has elected to have a career change. She missed to 2 rounds of AI and several with the bull. 572 kg

R10 is a SS Niagara out of a Bruns Blaster cow, tested safe to a Sydgen Enhance bull 500 kg.

R25 is by a Renown bull and is safe to an LD Capitalist bull. 469 kg. She was supposed to go but was the only one left so she hung around, didn't come in season when synchronised but quickly bred to the bull, she is the youngest.

R11 is by SAV Resource out of a Black Pearl cow tested safe to DB Iconic, 548 kg.

R3 is by Baldridge Compass out of a Hoover Dam cow, tested safe to GAR Ashland, 506 kg.

I hope you can sort out who is who, I'm not in control of this posting and the photos don't go where I want them

I love my heifers and in future years I will switch to keeping all my heifers to join and then pick the ones I want to keep and sell the rest at the end of summer PTIC. My surplus heifers this year have already been spoken for. I am keeping 10 bull calves to develop for sale in September/ October this year as I anticipate the demand will be there again but the following years I'll cut it down to maybe 3 or 4. If people want them they can pay my price or they can go to the butchers.
P1020677.JPG

P1020671.JPG
P1020669.JPGP1020668.JPGP1020662.JPGP1020665.JPG

Solid set of heifers overall. Too bad the R6 cow didn't settle.

I don't like the tail set on the Niagra R10.

Interesting that jscunn had the same sort of thing with his Niagras.

Solid set of heifers overall. Too bad the R6 cow didn't settle.

I don't like the tail set on the Niagra R10.

Interesting that jscunn had the same sort of thing with his Niagras.
R10 is out of a Bruns Blaster cow and they can be a bit high in the tail head but I don't stress too much about that.

Ken

Latest posts