Bred Heifer Sales ?

Help Support CattleToday:

It's good that you keep price tags on your cattle!
I have to ask about the K though…. ? She doesn't appear to be 20 years old lol
Her dam was one of the original bred cows we bought. My tagging "system" is a cluster only I understand, but started out with cows #1 - #33. I used letters to identify their calves: #1-A, #1-B, etc. Piper was #5's 11th calf, so #5-K. That old cow was a prolific breeder and Piper was the only heifer she ever gave me.

Bred blacks and reds ranged from $1400-$1625 last week at Rugby, N.D., one of the areas hit hardest by drought sales this summer. Lots of herds to be replenished, I guess. Trying to increase my own numbers, but bred heifers is not the way to do it! Will save heifers and add bred cows. I think bred heifers are for sellin' not for buyin' ... Bred cows on that sale brought $1400-$1675, so I'm glad I stayed home.

A string of 104 bred three year old heifers selling today in WL. I helped preg check them last night. Beautiful cattle! Messaged the owners last night. Asked what vaccinations they heifers had received… Answer was… Zero. They have received the finest in sea salt and clay to enhance immune systems…..

Took me right off the buyer seat.

I did buy a pretty little grey heifer yesterday that looked pregnant, ran her through after the organics. Bred for mid March, she weighed 840 and cost $1.42. 😊

A string of 104 bred three year old heifers selling today in WL. I helped preg check them last night. Beautiful cattle! Messaged the owners last night. Asked what vaccinations they heifers had received… Answer was… Zero. They have received the finest in sea salt and clay to enhance immune systems…..

Took me right off the buyer seat.

I did buy a pretty little grey heifer yesterday that looked pregnant, ran her through after the organics. Bred for mid March, she weighed 840 and cost $1.42. 😊
Let us know how the organics do. How many more potential buyers will it push away? Are there buyers that just want that kind?

Let us know how the organics do. How many more potential buyers will it push away? Are there buyers that just want that kind?
The order buyer said they all need their heads cut off. The only buyers that might be here would not have a clue what they are setting themselves up for. At meat price I will be in but no more.

Latest posts