Bred Heifer Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Heres a chance to get an idea of bred heifer and cow prices...Last week at the local sale they sold about 100 head of nice bred heifers-- top bunch went for $1310-- all were right around the $1300 price....

Montana Angus Female Bonanza VII
The Montana Angus Female Bonanza VII will be held Monday, October 25th at the Public Auction Yards in Billings. The sale will get started at high noon (Mountain). Included in the sale are:

■1006 Bred Heifers (636 AI Bred to TC Franklin 619, 107 AI Bred to Connealy Danny Boy, 263 Pasture Bred to LBW Vermilion Angus Bulls)
■1819 Bred Cows (Bred to sons of TC Franklin, Connealy Danny Boy, Baldridge Nebraska and Vermilion X Factor)

The sale gets underway noon today at PAYS in Billings. You can watch it live on Dish Network Channel 219 or at www.CattleUSA.com!

I was in and out- and caught portions of the sale--Looks like Joe Goggins and crew did pretty well...Top young cows I saw sell were $1600... Saw quite a few sell around the $1500 mark...Bred heifers mostly in the $1450 range-- altho I saw some toward the end get down in the $1200 range...

Definitely optimism in the cattle industry...

Stocker Steve":zdzzajp4 said:
Prices seem really high.
At that price why wouldn't very other rancher to raising replacements?
Hope ya don't take this the wrong way, but......
most every other rancher CAN"T raise those type of replacements!
Most herds are crossed up so much, there's very few straight bred commercial herds anymore.