Bred Cow prices

Help Support CattleToday:

sky your right and i think the cattle supply will keep getting tighter for years to come.

bigbull338":6t3k61qw said:
sky your right and i think the cattle supply will keep getting tighter for years to come.

yes sir i agree. I keep thinking about how much new equip will be costing lets say in 5 years from now and wonder how good the cattle prices will be then. There is no way in H... the average person that wasn't born into farming and have land already would be able to start a decent farm without having a good paying job. I mean by then bred cow prices could be 3000 -3500 .

All the input costs seem to rise along with the cattle prices.
Over the years I've noticed when my product experiences a drop off those input costs don't seem to follow.

fitz

fitz":2wb63n3y said:
All the input costs seem to rise along with the cattle prices.
Over the years I've noticed when my product experiences a drop off those input costs don't seem to follow.

fitz

kinda like high grocery prices blamed on fuel prices but when fuel prices go down the groceries NEVER do.

sky i know im going to try to get 1 or 2 reg cows in the next 2 months.an i know last year bred cows an heifers was selling for $1800 to $3000.so im hoping i can get some for $1800 to $2200.an thats $500 to $700 more a hd than im used to spending.

bigbull338":1g4oeto3 said:
sky i know im going to try to get 1 or 2 reg cows in the next 2 months.an i know last year bred cows an heifers was selling for $1800 to $3000.so im hoping i can get some for $1800 to $2200.an thats $500 to $700 more a hd than im used to spending.

geez i hope you get them for the price you want. I know those prices are definately more than im used to spending :lol:

the kicker is i sold 3 show heifers for pickup mid july 1st of aug for $1500ea.an ill be lucky if i can get 2 reg cows for that money,

Latest posts