Bred cow in heat

Help Support CattleToday:

stewart

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I posted a while back about one of my cows coming in heat two or three times a month anyhow i took her to the vet and she said she is six months bred and did'nt know why she was still coming into heat. She has had four calves and never done this before. I just thought i would let the ones that replyed to my post know what i found out. Also took a heifer and she said her overies was really small and gave her a shot of lutalyse but did'nt think that would help.
Stewart

Stewart,

I had a heifer once that we Lutlyze'd and the AI'd her. Se came into heat for the next four months. I was doing a Google search trying to find out something on it and I came across what they called "false or pseudo" heat. Never could find out anything else about it.

Bobg

Thanks for your reply Bobg, shes not in heat yet she got the shot friday but she was coming into heat before i guess because the bull was mounting her and she was mounting other cows. The vet said only thing she could find wrong was her overies was real small she is about two years old. The vet don't think she will ever breed but gave her the shot anyway.
Thanks again Bobg. Stewart.

Latest posts