bred cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

brierpatch1974

Reaction score
I was curious as to what bred cattle are going for in everyones area. I been looking around and it seems the prices are all over the place around me. Some seem a good deal while others are just plain crazy on the high end. Or at least it seems that way for me. So what is the average price in your area for bred angus ?

brierpatch1974":2x8tz6my said:
I was curious as to what bred cattle are going for in everyones area. I been looking around and it seems the prices are all over the place around me. Some seem a good deal while others are just plain crazy on the high end. Or at least it seems that way for me. So what is the average price in your area for bred angus ?

Couple of weeks ago 3rd trimester avg cows were @ 12 hundred more or less. 2nd tri for a lot less

WOW I havent seen anything that cheap here and actually saw someone trying to sell theirs for 2500. That was angus bred to a hereford.

brierpatch1974":2spixovu said:
WOW I havent seen anything that cheap here and actually saw someone trying to sell theirs for 2500. That was angus bred to a hereford.
Did anyone buy them at that price or was that just the "sticker price"?

TexasBred":3fd938g5 said:
brierpatch1974":3fd938g5 said:
Did anyone buy them at that price or was that just the "sticker price"?

They havent sold yet so either no one is interested or not wanting to waste their time trying to bring them down to what they are really worth. I found out the man doing the selling tries to always do this and the complains and cries no one will buy his cattle and he takes a loss because he has to sell them at the sale barn. Its a combination of greed and stupid from what I have been hearing.

Two weeks ago bought 3rd stage Black cow 3-4 year old 1265# $1275. That was on a friday on Sunday had a Black bull calf I had to pull it, but everything fine now,nice cow. Calf weighed close to 100#.

I sold 2nd stage simbras one black , and one red for $1550. Sold 3 black pairs for $1800 each. Did not want to sell them, but the pasture situation here is already tough. We did get our first measurable rain fall in over a month this morning. Hope this activates the chicken litter spread last week. IF we have to sell more, at least cows are bringing good money.

Middle aged to older cows were going between 1250 and 1800, and bred heifers from 1900 to 2500 or so, here in southern Alberta this spring.
No bred cows selling this late in the year but pairs were averaging a couple of hundred $ above that at last weeks sales.
Red and black sell for about equal prices; featherneck hereford, spotted, roan, yellow and char coloured cows go for 50 to 200 less.
Top sellers I saw this spring was a group of SimmxAngus bred heifers, 1300 lbs average, that went for $2750 a head.
Prices are still going up though, since 500 lb calves are going for over $2/lb right now, and our dollar is dropping below the American dollar lately.

Latest posts