breaking wind

Help Support CattleToday:

Fred Belknap

Reaction score
Here in WV a cop arrested this guy for DWI. As he was being fingerprinted he "broke wind" . The cop charged him with assult which could land the lad in jail for a year. I guess it really smelled bad. I see on the local new tonight the prosecutor droped the assult charages. Seems there isn't any law against "breaking wind". :banana:

I should hope not. Cop must have had a bad day. A friend of mine got arrested one night for drinking. He asked the officer if he could use the restroom before he took him to jail. Officer said no so he did what only a human could do, relieved himself in the back of the squad car. Beer will do that to ya!

Years ago some old timers were ticketed for gambling. They insisted they were only playing with chips but the law still gave them a rough time. When one of the men showed up to pay his fine he threw some chips on the counter. The clerk told him he could not pay with those, they weren't considered money. The old timer replied "It was last night!"

D.R. Cattle":2ojredbr said:
Years ago some old timers were ticketed for gambling. They insisted they were only playing with chips but the law still gave them a rough time. When one of the men showed up to pay his fine he threw some chips on the counter. The clerk told him he could not pay with those, they weren't considered money. The old timer replied "It was last night!"

Smart fella. Here, the DA would have probably been the dealer. :lol2:

Jogeephus":3rso1v1q said:
I should hope not. Cop must have had a bad day. A friend of mine got arrested one night for drinking. He asked the officer if he could use the restroom before he took him to jail. Officer said no so he did what only a human could do, relieved himself in the back of the squad car. Beer will do that to ya!

That among other things is a very frequent happening in the back seat of the car. That's one place that you don't want to ride.

That reminds me of a story I heard. In Cleburne there was a hotel, the Greenbriar, that was across the street from the Courthouse on the square. It was a pretty grand back in the day. I heard that that there was an underground tunnel that led from the Courthouse to the hotel and that judges, lawyers and other folks used to go to the hotel and gamble. There was supposedly a lot of high stakes gambling at the hotel and that way the judges wouldn't have to be seen going there. Of course, judges stayed there and I am sure the tunnel was officially for the visiting judges to use on official business.

The Greenbriar turned into a flop house, but is being rennovated. They don't even have court at the Courthouse anymore. All the old Courthouses in Texas are being restored and no one uses them for anything but museums.

Latest posts