breakfast,dinner,supper

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Or whatever youall call those 3 meals a day..What did /will you have? :)

I had a cheese omlette,grits, biscuet w/honey and 3 cups coffee w/cream :shock: ..(City Cafe)

I grew up calling them breakfast, dinner and supper. My mother still gets up every morning and makes breakfast for my dad and herself just like she did all of their married life. Always coffee, juice, biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon and ham or sausage with honey and or some kind of jelly or preserves. In winter they also have oat meal.

Lunch or dinner is usually something light maybe a sandwich but fresh vegetables from the garden in summer.

Supper always: cornbread, potatoes, fried or stewed, some type of beans or peas, some type of meat, usually beef and assorted vegetables. Always sweet tea.

I always have black coffee and usually nothing else until after I get to work. Usually too busy feeding and doing whatever in the mornings to fix anything for myself. Divorced so I don't have a wife to fix breakfast for me, of course she never did anyway when we were married.

Today I had field peas with ham, stewed potatoes and cornbread. Cooked it all myself. For supper who knows? Usually after 9:00 when I get in the house so it all depends on what I feel like fixing.

Basically it's boiled potatoes. Peel them and cut them into large pieces, put them into some water with salt and pepper and butter or margarine. Bring them to a boil and then add a little milk and flower or cornmeal to thicken them. Basically they are cooked until really tender and have a thick soup or sauce. To be honest, how we cook them is to take the left over batter from the bowl that we make the cornbread batter in and pour a little of the potato soup or liquid from the pan into the batter bowl and stir it up then pour back into the pan with the potatoes while they are cooking. These potatoes are too good with some cornbread and beans. Sticks to your ribs too. You can eat this and go out and do a good day's work and not starve to death.

Yes I call the noon time meal dinner. Supper is the evening meal. If you look it up in the dictionary, "dinner" is the chief meal of the day. Farmers got up before daylight and started work. By noon they were hungry. By evening they were dog tired.

Dinner (lunch)

Beans, rice, meat, greens, and tortillas.

Rustler9":2m14zf1l said:
Basically it's boiled potatoes. Peel them and cut them into large pieces, put them into some water with salt and pepper and butter or margarine. Bring them to a boil and then add a little milk and flower or cornmeal to thicken them. Basically they are cooked until really tender and have a thick soup or sauce. To be honest, how we cook them is to take the left over batter from the bowl that we make the cornbread batter in and pour a little of the potato soup or liquid from the pan into the batter bowl and stir it up then pour back into the pan with the potatoes while they are cooking. These potatoes are too good with some cornbread and beans. Sticks to your ribs too. You can eat this and go out and do a good day's work and not starve to death.

My mom used to make potaters like that all the time. I thought it was a staple of the poor person's diet! :lol:

Breakfast: 6 Mrs. Baird's doughnuts, the brown powdery ones, and a swig of Propel water, (black cherry, I believe), on the way to work. Nornally I have a yogurt smoothie.

Lunch: Cheese cubes, apple slices with caramel dip, a pimento cheese sandwich, and a vanilla Pepsi. (I pack a lunch because I refuse to pay 3.00 for school food)

Dinner: Scrambled eggs and bacon with sweet tea.

On the weekends, I say breakfast, dinner and supper. But during the week it is breakfast lunch and dinner. I don't know why except my spouse gets "cornfused" over the terms "dinner" and "supper".

NamVet_Farmer44":2dxc1gn1 said:
I eat whatever my wife makes me

So do I. (When I'm home)
Today for breakfast, I had a apple something or other and a cup of coffee on a 4 hour trip that started a 4 am. At dinner I had some cheese Krystals(yuck), haven't decided on supper as yet.

warpaint":2vwz5uyc said:
NamVet_Farmer44":2vwz5uyc said:
I eat whatever my wife makes me

So do I. (When I'm home)
Today for breakfast, I had a apple something or other and a cup of coffee on a 4 hour trip that started a 4 am. At dinner I had some cheese Krystals(yuck), haven't decided on supper as yet.

For breakfast, I had pancakes, taters, ham, eggs, toast, and ponhoss...Dinner, I honestly don't have a clue what it was, some kind of casserole, but it sure tasted good...I dont ask what im eating, I just eat...stepfather always told me it was good food as long as it could fill a hole and make a turd :lol: :shock: :lol:

Breakfast, Dinner(big meal) / Lunch (light meal) and supper. I have always been told this was derived from the Bible. You would Sup before you fast. In the morning, you break the fast or breakfast.

Don't know the validity of this but have heard it all my life.

We call them breakfast, dinner, and supper. I don't do breakfast - period. I am not a morning person, so give me some coffee and leave me alone for 10 minutes until I wake up. Lunch/dinner is whatever can be found that is still edible, and can be caught on the fly unless Mom is around, then it's a balanced meal and pretty darned good. Supper is a sandwich, soup, frozen pizza, salad or salad with tuna or chicken, or whatever I feel like cooking - what is for supper depends on what time I get home. Add another 45 minutes to an hour due to chores.

For me, it's breakfast, lunch, supper.

Cereal in the morning, leftovers in the fridge for lunch (or sandwich, or soup), and suppers the big meal of the day: spaghetti an' meatballs, or roast beef and potatoes, a casserole or some other tasty dish mom cooks up. :D

Man, I'm gettin hungry already! :lol:

breakfast, lunch and dinner then supper.

breakfast Banana, ceral bar, cup of tea

lunch. chicken soup and bread.. apple and yogurt, cup tea

dinner..sausages, mashed potato, cabbage, onions and gravy..cup of tea.

supper slice of toasted bread and cup of hot chocolate.

thats today anyway.

chrisy":15nz82cm said:

thats today anyway.

What happened to the "Spot O Tea" at supper? :)

warpaint":1m6l4l4z said:
chrisy":1m6l4l4z said:

thats today anyway.

What happened to the "Spot O Tea" at supper? :)

fancied a change. :p

Latest posts