BRD Vaccine Shelf Life

Help Support CattleToday:

BuckeyeRanch

Reaction score
Hello,
I just bought a 50 dose pack of Vista Once. I was buying as a bulk pack to get a little discount on the price. I didn't realize that I would need to use it all at once. Is there any hope of saving it or should I just try to recoup what I can and order the actual amount that I need?
Thanks.

MLV vaccines must be used within 1.5-4 hours of mixing. The longer you can keep them cool and protected from sunlight, the longer their 'shelf-life', after mixing - but 4 hours is pretty much the outside limit.
You can't 'save' the leftover and use it later.

Even with the killed/inactivated vaccines/bacterins, if i've been into that bottle, I'd throw 'em out if I've not had a chance to use the remainder (kept refrigerated, of course) within 4 months or so. They may not always be 'cheap' vaccines, but if you give 'em, and they're not effective, you may have cost yourself more, in the long run, than any 'savings' you might have realized by keeping that open, partially-used bottle for later use.

If it has been dry in your area, and grass was/is short, do you have many oak trees? Sounds a little like acorn poisoning. Good luck.

Latest posts