Brangus vs. Angus+

Help Support CattleToday:

DPANTOJA

Reaction score
Can you give me some comments on Brangus vs. Angus plus?

BRANGUS=5/8 ANGUS 3/8 BRAHMAN ANGUS+= 13/16 ANGUS 3/16 BRAHMAN

DPANTOJA":38ktqlim said:
Can you give me some comments on Brangus vs. Angus plus?

Brangus has the added benefit of heterosis, but the disadvantege of the perceived inferiority of the Brahman, justified or otherwise.

I think Angus is the here an now, but think Brangus is going to be a player in the future.

PS: I think brangus is a good choice for Arizona if that is a question.

The adavantage of the Angus plus would be pretty much as it's touted to be. You can vary the amount of Brahman influence as best suits your particular environment. Of course within reason you can do the same with Brangus and just use a non-Brahman influcenced breed to dilute it a bit.

dun

dun":34b8t8dj said:
The adavantage of the Angus plus would be pretty much as it's touted to be. You can vary the amount of Brahman influence as best suits your particular environment. Of course within reason you can do the same with Brangus and just use a non-Brahman influcenced breed to dilute it a bit.

dun
Yep get you some good brangus cows and a great angus bull and your good too go. infact that sounds like one of the better choices were your at.

ALACOWMAN":55mchyjy said:
dun":55mchyjy said:

dun
Yep get you some good brangus cows and a great angus bull and your good too go. infact that sounds like one of the better choices were your at.

What about a Brangus Bull on AngusX cows?

Mosho":fr6cs0tf said:
ALACOWMAN":fr6cs0tf said:
dun":fr6cs0tf said:

dun

What about a Brangus Bull on AngusX cows?

You'd be giving up a lot of heterosis.

I would recommend a good Charolais bull on some good Red Angus or Hereford cows.

Dun's KEYWORDS were "GOOD" also.

Latest posts