Brangus heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Have a go at her. I armed her and I don't think she's bred but I pulled blood to send off to verify. She here at the home place so I'll ai her and calve her here. The bwf is also her half sister. Both out of the same bull

photo-163.jpg

photo-164.jpg

Brother, I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who can't take a decent picture...or has cattle that don't pose. I think she's a good cow. Can't really tell by the moving picture, but the one by the calf is favorable... I assume that is rye grass. If yes, what variety?

Yeah, I don't take the best pictures. It's more a point and shoot approach. :lol: I did get down on one knee to take it at a direct angle though.
Yes that's rye grass. Just regular winter rye. Put it down on November
15. The other side of the field that I put down oct 15 is doing much better because it got established before the rains shut off.

Looks nice and square in the pix.
I'd send you some of my rain if I could, got more coming tonight. Course, a month ago I was begging for any.

My opinion is she just wouldn't work for me. She is a bit sway backed, light in bone, post legged, sickle hocked with a roached spine. She is funnel butted, cut high in the flank, open shouldered, narrow fronted, too high of a BCS, skinny, too large of a frame and her eyes are set uneven. Her tailhead is too high but it sets too low for my taste. Overall she looks like a hard do'er that is too fat to breed back. She has no capacity and she has too much gut. Her legs are too short like a Dexter. She appears to be too rangey looking for a Brangus. She is too tall and should be mated to a short bull.................I think that about covers my critique......I hope I didn't leave anything out :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cowboy: :lol2:

All kidding aside I like her. She should make a decent momma cow for you. I hope she isn't one of Jogeephus's man killer culls that he pawned off on you after he doped her up on Valium. Just wait till it wears off :mrgreen:

I ain't about to comment on them sorry azz pics. Give the camera to dead eye and don't touch it again. While your at it give him the keys to your tractor so he can stack you some hay. :p

Iso was right, Dead Eye is better with a camera. :)

Are you fence line weaning that calf or do you just pen it to give it a little grain?

I feed them in the pen so they get used to going in there. She just stays in there longer cleaning up

Latest posts