brangus cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they can be up to as big as you want them :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

the good thing about them is they normally throw moderate size calves which will grow off real well

Any of you Brangus breeders have trouble with WILD cattle. I used to handle several brangus in my herd and ended up switching to Braford because all the brangus I had were snorty bone breakers. I'm down to just one now that happens to be very mild, but she's gettin some age on her. The Braford's can be a little snorty when they are young, but get real mellow after they start calving.

We don't have any problems with ours. I have only culled one cow in the past 5 years for acting crazy and she was a brangus hereford cross. But there are bound to be crazys in every group.

My Brangus cows are fine in the pasture. I have a couple that when cornered can get at you. But I might feel the same way if I were being poked and prodded. I don't use hot shots, hoop or holler and they do fine. I also have some Brafords that act the same way. Because of this I tend to keep some of my own heifers. This way I have some knowledge of how they act. But then again this is not always the case. Just my opinion, but the way one works his cattle is alot of the way they act. I go back to the hotshots. To me they have a place, but I have seen people use them without any for thought and ruin a day of working cattle. If a cow is walking slow but is going were you want her, no need waht so ever to shock her on her @$$

Scotty

Latest posts