Brangus cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

groveman14

Reaction score
Thinking of opening up a new pasture which should hold about 25 head. Want to know anyone's opinion of black Brangus for stocking same. I like what I have seen, so far. Can someone tell me the good, bad, and ugly of the breed? thanx.

To me I have seen discounts for to much ear. I like the X between Angus. I sold my last two and got 1690 for them. I liked that part.

Scotty

groveman14":2ct5tris said:
Thinking of opening up a new pasture which should hold about 25 head. Want to know anyone's opinion of black Brangus for stocking same. I like what I have seen, so far. Can someone tell me the good, bad, and ugly of the breed? thanx.
They ought to do darned good in your neck of the woods. I dont think you'll get docked too bad for the ears down there, considering how many head of Brammer influenced cattle are produced in Fla.

Brangus cattle are usually easy keeping cattle and thrive without a lot of pampering. They tend to be easy calvers and are fertile. Being 3/8 Brahman, they are especially adapted to Southern climates, grasses, and the insect problems that we're known for. With the 3/8's Brahman blood, they're excellent candidates for crossbreeding with Continental or British breeds. I criticize the breed for sometimes being high strung, but that has never been a major problem with most of my Brangus cows. I just attended a heifer sale and the best cattle at the sale were varying crosses of Brangus and Simmental.

In my opinion, there are two kinds of Brangus. Crazy as a loon and calm. If you can get some good ones and they are calm I say go for it.

Scotty

Scotty":3w2v732c said:
In my opinion, there are two kinds of Brangus. Crazy as a loon and calm. If you can get some good ones and they are calm I say go for it.

Scotty

Yeah Brangus get here with there fuse lit or carrying a box of matches or those that are dog gentle. Just never know till you start working them.

groveman14":3r22yp8d said:

You can't go wrong down here with black brangus. Like some said, some are relatively calm and some will run ya up the fence. I cull the latter as I don't move as fast I used to. I like the fact that a good brangus can eat, walk, and have a calf at the same time.