Brangus calf pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Aah. In that case, yes, it is. Might be too much for some, but still acceptable. He's got some leg, which negates the cactus/rose hedge issue quite a bit.

ricebeltrancher":nk2clcnq said:
SSGenetics":nk2clcnq said:
SSGenetics":nk2clcnq said:
Is the "bell" on that first bull calf acceptable in the Brangus breed?

:?: :?: :?:

Bell?

Yes, the excessive "squared" portion of flesh is referred to as a "bell". It is one of the hardest things to breed out of eared cattle. Should have been cut a while ago.... :2cents: heifers look good. :cboy:

SSGenetics":3ghl7ty0 said:
Yes, the excessive "squared" portion of flesh is referred to as a "bell". It is one of the hardest things to breed out of eared cattle. Should have been cut a while ago.... :2cents: heifers look good. :cboy:

I respectfully acknowledge your opinion. :) We have some smaller framed, tighter made cows that I think he's going to work really good on. Gotta start somewhere, right? Fun thing about American breeds, there's something for everyone. ;) I think our heifers beat our bulls this year. Last year, it was the other way around.

ricebeltrancher":3tpt99fn said:
SSGenetics":3tpt99fn said:

I respectfully acknowledge your opinion. :) We have some smaller framed, tighter made cows that I think he's going to work really good on. Gotta start somewhere, right? Fun thing about American breeds, there's something for everyone. ;) I think our heifers beat our bulls this year. Last year, it was the other way around.
one thing about commercial Brangus or brahman influenced in general, as long as they have decent udders and teat conformation and temperment, they'll raise a good market calf.... bred to the right bull..

Latest posts