brangus/braford

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

i just can't seem to get of these brahman cross cattle. i guess it is like smoking you know you should;t do it but you do anyway. please tell me what you can about the the brangus breed and if you may know anything on the braford breed i will take it also. or maybe a web site i could get info on.thank

> dont leave out simbrah. lol [ i did not mean to leave them out if you got it give me info on them or can i make money on that breed in central ky

> you cannot find better momma cows, if you live in the south, than brangus and brafords (f-1 tigerstripes are in the same category) they are very heat tolerant, insects don't seem to bother them as much as cows with no ear, they're very good mothers, usually milk well, and have very good calves from british and english bulls. i wouldn't breed them to bulls with ear because the calves will get docked at the markets. if you are going to keep heifers for replacement, a brangus bull would make some good replacement heifers. a charlois, hereford, simmental, or limo would cross very well with them. calves from a limo may be a little snakey, but it would put some hength on the calves. angus would market very good calves and the black color should bring you top dollar.

[email protected]

make it Brangus / Simbrah

> i just can't seem to get of these
> brahman cross cattle. i guess it
> is like smoking you know you
> should;t do it but you do anyway.
> please tell me what you can about
> the the brangus breed and if you
> may know anything on the braford
> breed i will take it also. or
> maybe a web site i could get info
> on.thank

[email protected]

i purchased a braford bull that looks alot like a hereford. it is hard to find good herefords , but the whiteface is a big seller in our area. i am crossing with brangus cross cows & hereford cows and plan to criss cross with brangus bulls to get the bald face because they bring the money in our area. i like the braford and the brangus both.

[email protected]

They make excellent Momma cows. The reason I like them so much is the versatility. We can use a bull like a Charolais and raise calves for the feedlot/market or we can use a Brangus or Herford and make good replacement hefiers. We started out with a heard made up with a little bit of everything and have tried several different breeds and crosses along the way and we catch ourselves always getting more of the the brangus and brangus cross cows and culling the others.

[email protected]

This year we crossed a Braford Bull with our Black Brangus and Black Angus cows and their offspring turned out great we had black calves with white faces because we wanted the baldy look. Also had a few red calves as well. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in....

[email protected]

> This year we crossed a Braford
> Bull with our Black Brangus and
> Black Angus cows and their
> offspring turned out great we had
> black calves with white faces
> because we wanted the baldy look.
> Also had a few red calves as well.
> Just thought I would put my 2

have marketed any yet? how aere they recieved? What area do you live in the south? this is the combination i wan to get to.

[email protected]

No, we have not marketed any yet... Yes, we are located in the south.. Although the calves have just started being born and will not be able to sell for a few more months. If you would like more info.. Feel free to e-mail me.

[email protected]

Latest posts