Branding time!

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Well, last week I went and lent a hand at my neighbours branding party, we were all done before anyone had a chance to get drunk... we did 90 calves in about an hour and a bit... all went really smoothly, there were lots of hands around. As you can see in the video, some of the steers were pretty hefty guys and took a bit of muscle to get down. Thankfully the neighbours are pretty hefty guys themselves, unlike me. I have to use a little less brawl and a bit more brain to get the steers laid down on the right side

A video is worth a thousand pictures
[youtube]h1IvOgCafxI[/youtube]

Looks like a real good time! Gotta love a good branding, last one we went to had 400 calves to do and had to drive 90 miles to get there, it was prom night in their town so none of the local boys would show up! I'm going to go rope for a neighbor tomorow, i'd rather wrestle than rope but sometimes it doesn't work that way. BC is looking better all the time, my family on my dad's side came to Montana from there and my mother used to work on a ranch up there, we'll have to see how things shake out after this next election to see how fast i'll think i need to leave!

I haven't ridden a horse in about 20 years, and I never rode much other than a couple trail rides... my horse has 2 wheels and that suits me fine, but it's no good for roping. I think you can just see our place on the opposite side of the valley in the vid.

I think all his cows are herf/Red angus... don't think he has much else in there.

It's the second time I go to this fellows branding party, and I have a good time there, I'll probably be a usual sight there in the next years unless there's some emergency I have to tend to at home

Latest posts