Branding Feeders

Help Support CattleToday:

My advise would be to find a local brand inspector who has been at it for a while. Enlist that persons assistance. My experience is that you will get no help from Salem. As with any government agency having the right person on your side makes things go so much smoother.
Excellent advice & what I've been thinking. Inspector in my locale is a ~20 year veteran of the department and my take is she's savvy and isn't a slave to the machinations of governmental agencies. Thanks again for your input. Its greatly appreciated.

Registered a D/B left rib when I was 12 years old. Later called it the scar bar scab..

Have had an LI left rib on cattle since 1982 and brand horses with a 7L left hip.

I fire branded for many years and finally leased a place that had electricity and consequently bought an electric brander. When you get the hang of it, even complex/likely to blotch brands turn out crisp & highly readable. Don't miss stoking the fire nor making sure to have ample propane tanks on hand.

76 Bar said:
I fire branded for many years and finally leased a place that had electricity and consequently bought an electric brander. When you get the hang of it, even complex/likely to blotch brands turn out crisp & highly readable. Don't miss stoking the fire nor making sure to have ample propane tanks on hand.

So quiet compared to a torch and not having to worry about sparks and cold irons with wood.

My daughter took this while I was branding replacements the other day. It made me laugh.
[media]https://i.imgur.com/QxawcT0.mp4[/media]

Old fellow we bought our first bull from was known to brand so you could read it from both sides of the cow. (really deep brands).. That was Bar S Lazy P (Sam Pozzobon)
We had Diamond K registered but never used it, I actually found someone with that brand and sold the iron to them!

image online uploader

Latest posts