Bralers

Help Support CattleToday:

BRALER
As one of the more recent crosses between the American Brahman and the Saler, the Braler carries both the
hardiness of the Brahman and the adaptation ease of the French Saler. The Braler is being bred in most of the
mid and southern states. The preferred color is solid red, but black shading on the shoulders and rump of the bull is also acceptable. The Braler is primarily bred for beef production.

American Braler Association
Box 75
Burton, TX 77835
Contact TDA at (512) 463-7560

A Braler is commonly found in SW missouri, in a tavern.
They tend to be drunk with a rude mouth, not usually a good fighter,
They just like it more than most.
No worries, they usually die young and rarely reproduce.

Hillbilly

Thanks for the info. That's the cross that I thought it was, but, I couldn't find info anywhere on them.

That's a good one Hillbilly.

hillbilly":eiuf27z4 said:
A Braler is commonly found in SW missouri, in a tavern.
They tend to be drunk with a rude mouth, not usually a good fighter,
They just like it more than most.
No worries, they usually die young and rarely reproduce.

Hillbilly

I thought that was a "Brawler", aka hillbilly!

dun

txshowmom":2713ny38 said:
BRALER
As one of the more recent crosses between the American Brahman and the Saler, the Braler carries both the
hardiness of the Brahman and the adaptation ease of the French Saler. The Braler is being bred in most of the
mid and southern states. The preferred color is solid red, but black shading on the shoulders and rump of the bull is also acceptable. The Braler is primarily bred for beef production.

I guess Braler bulls favor Tarentaise bulls, huh?

American Braler Association
Box 75
Burton, TX 77835
Contact TDA at (512) 463-7560

I can see a use for injecting the Brahman but what's supposedly the deal with Salorn? Can't figure that one out at all. Heterosis maybe? And which side are they trying to improve on.

dun

dun":3vb5pz31 said:
CopeMan":3vb5pz31 said:

I don't understand!

dun

TXshowmom said that Braler Bulls are red with black shading....well Tarentaise are the same color scheme.