Brahmas?

Help Support CattleToday:

JWBrahman":1531nds4 said:
No other breed can compete in the swampy, humidity and heat of the gulf coast. Brahman thrive on pasture where an Angus will drop dead.

Bingo! And that's why they are in such demand for crossing. I know a source for some old V-8 semen, just need to find some decent Hereford around here.

James T":2n29rxsd said:
JWBrahman":2n29rxsd said:
No other breed can compete in the swampy, humidity and heat of the gulf coast. Brahman thrive on pasture where an Angus will drop dead.

Bingo! And that's why they are in such demand for crossing. I know a source for some old V-8 semen, just need to find some decent Hereford around here.

Don't know where you are in Central Texas but here's a pretty good hereford operation.

http://www.w4ranch.com/

TexasBred":1tz014as said:
James T":1tz014as said:
JWBrahman":1tz014as said:

Don't know where you are in Central Texas but here's a pretty good hereford operation.

they're around the Waco area... Their bulls are some of the best from what I heard.. Raised on pasture and in the Texas heat, handled on horses & not pampered at all..

TexasBred":3gso54l4 said:
James T":3gso54l4 said:
JWBrahman":3gso54l4 said:

There is one in Yokuam Texas I highly recomend PPHF Herefords if you are looking for what I consider the best.
I have bought from all over these people have some kick butt stuff.
http://www.tpha.net/members/pr.html

Prause Polled Herefords Farms -

I can't say enough about them, on how much personality they can have from cow to cow!! Color can vary depending on breeding.Just as stated before you need some of that Brimmer blood here in the Gulf Coast area.Brahmans have been my most gentle and also my wildest cattle. They're my favorite breed without a dought!! Love em!!

Thanks TB and Caustic! I looked up both and bookmarked them for reference. They're the same distance away (about 2. 5 hours)
There is is one breeder nearby that needs to be checked, and I'll be calling the two mentioned. This will be a special project to purchase 2-4 and AI them with some Brahma semen that's been stored for a few years.

There is nothing quite like them. You wouldn't understand understand until you owned them. Sometimes, its like they own YOU. After 2011 in Texas, I decided that the ones I would keep would have some ear.

During that drought I watched the Brahman cows reach way high into the trees like giraffes, eating leaves to survive. The English cows wouldn't get out of the pond.

And they absolutely do think differently than other cows. They seem to have a higher level of reasoning and memory.

LauraleesFarm":1s8byvk8 said:
There is nothing quite like them. You wouldn't understand understand until you owned them. Sometimes, its like they own YOU. After 2011 in Texas, I decided that the ones I would keep would have some ear.

During that drought I watched the Brahman cows reach way high into the trees like giraffes, eating leaves to survive. The English cows wouldn't get out of the pond.

And they absolutely do think differently than other cows. They seem to have a higher level of reasoning and memory.

They're also easily turned into idiots if an idiot owns them. ;-)

TexasBred":3vlx3fi1 said:
LauraleesFarm":3vlx3fi1 said:

They're also easily turned into idiots if an idiot owns them. ;-)

Amen brother that playing cowboy hooping and hollering will scatter them across three counties.

Latest posts