Brahmans

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
Ok.. I'm tired of reading about how wonderful Hereford and Angus cattle are. Can we start a discussion about how wonderful Brahmans are??

:lol:

dun":2vu4fmwu said:
Magnificent ears and voice

dun

Dun
I don't think that is exactly what the bull lady is asking for. I think she is wanting a serious discussion about the merits of the Brahmans and not smart a$$ comments.

I loved the Tigers as mammas and would love pure Brahmans if the market wasn't so prejudice against them.

Tigers are for young men not being smart here they are just very high spirted to put it mildly.

la4angus":12gscfmd said:
dun":12gscfmd said:
Magnificent ears and voice

dun

Dun
I don't think that is exactly what the bull lady is asking for. I think she is wanting a serious discussion about the merits of the Brahmans and not smart a$$ comments.

The next time I have a question about the suitability of a post/response I'll make sure I check with you

dun

TheBullLady":oavsyei5 said:
Can we start a discussion about how wonderful Brahmans are??
BullLady, I think its only the Yankees north of I-40 that could deny the contribution that Brahmans make to this industry. Without the Brahman influence, the cattle business in the South would be a different deal.

My Continental and Okie cows go to the shade two hours before the crosses and stay there two hours later. While they're laying around, the Brahman cross is still out there working. And working with some of the best maternal traits in the business!

dun":2so2pwqh said:
The next time I have a question about the suitability of a post/response I'll make sure I check with you

dun

Seems like that would be the appropriate thing to do.

Thank you

Lloyd

Texan":2as7yyvx said:
TheBullLady":2as7yyvx said:
Can we start a discussion about how wonderful Brahmans are??
BullLady, I think its only the Yankees north of I-40 that could deny the contribution that Brahmans make to this industry. Without the Brahman influence, the cattle business in the South would be a different deal.

My Continental and Okie cows go to the shade two hours before the crosses and stay there two hours later. While they're laying around, the Brahman cross is still out there working. And working with some of the best maternal traits in the business!

Boy Texan as usual your right on about the heat my Herefords are in the shade when the Brangus are still feeding, The Whites are the only British or Contenental breed I have seen that are still with the Brangus.

Brahmans are my favorite breed. They have their own personality. Brahmans are also the back bone to majority of the cross breeds out there. What a wonderful animal.

My whole herd is Brahman influenced and I couldn't agree more about personality. They have a personality that gets under your skin most of the time.

The big "problem" with Brahman cattle is that a lot of times they are smarter than their owner. :D

My herd of one Brahman is awesome. After raising this bull, I would never get another breed. Ive never seen a bull that is as gentle as this one, or any cattle for that matter. He is extremely intelligent too. Several people have told me that Brahmans are the only breed you cant bribe with feed. Even if they arent one of the most sought after breeds, I wont be stopping with them anytime soon.

I haven't seen to many cattle that you couldn't bribe with feed. I do have a Simmie that will have nothing to do with the cudes I put out. Maybe she wants a plate or something. ;-)

TxCoUnTrYbOy":38rhrw71 said:
My herd of one Brahman is awesome. After raising this bull, I would never get another breed. Ive never seen a bull that is as gentle as this one, or any cattle for that matter. He is extremely intelligent too. Several people have told me that Brahmans are the only breed you cant bribe with feed. Even if they arent one of the most sought after breeds, I wont be stopping with them anytime soon.

Well, he knows every night when I let him in the barn its time to eat, so he runs in. If its the middle of the day and I grab a scoop of feed to get him in he wont come over. I can walk over to him and scratch and brush him no problem, but he wont come over for food.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":evclr1hi said:
Well, he knows every night when I let him in the barn its time to eat, so he runs in. If its the middle of the day and I grab a scoop of feed to get him in he wont come over. I can walk over to him and scratch and brush him no problem, but he wont come over for food.

What school district are you in. I have friends in the Cline or Kline school district. If you don't want to post it on the CT board you can always send a PM
Just interested. Good people in that area.

Im in the Houston Independent School District. Major setback being in one of the biggest districts in the country. Im actually the first person in my chapters 47 years to raise a bull.

I dont know anyone over at Kline, but its not far away from me (probably about an hour)

Latest posts