Brahmans

Help Support CattleToday:

Sure are lots of graves north of I40 with a rebel flag.

Texan":1nrnan8d said:
BullLady, I think its only the Yankees north of I-40 that could deny the contribution that Brahmans make to this industry.
Ollie, I think you guys are right. This was a pretty poor choice of words. I stand by the I-40 line as relates to the Brahman influence. But, there are plenty of Yankees south of that line these days. And certainly not everybody north of it is a Yankee. Plenty of good folks in Canadian and Gruver and Cactus and Guymon and Woodward and......... ;-)
Other states, as well. Sorry for my screw-up!

There aren't to many up here, I found out why this last winter. lol. Wisconsin isn't so bad but I would like to move back to east Texas. Some days I think all these old bulls of mine would to.

:stop: Whoa there Texan. I'm from Ohio and I wouldn't trade my small herd of brahma-crosses for a Texas sized ranch of European cattle!!!p.s brahma cattle are only as wild as they are trained to be. I have no problems with mine. My three year old boy can ride around on a 3 year old charbray heifer I have.

chili pepper":5tarjgej said:
:stop: Whoa there Texan. I'm from Ohio and I wouldn't trade my small herd of brahma-crosses for a Texas sized ranch of European cattle!!!p.s brahma cattle are only as wild as they are trained to be. I have no problems with mine. My three year old boy can ride around on a 3 year old charbray heifer I have.

Its great you love your Brahman/crosses. The cross tends to be nuts running in range conditions. Again many an oldtimer has tried them and dropped them for good reason. If they were the cure all everyone would be runnin them. There is no perfect or better breed. There is only the better breed for your operation. Run what you like life is short.

I'm not as experienced as some, but I've found that Brahman cross cattle outperform most other breed combinations that I've had on this farm. My farm consists of creek bottomland full of "hot" fescue, steep hills, and pine/hardwood forests. Currently all of my cattle are Brangus and they're doing a good job in this situation. We've had purebred Brahmans, Gert crosses, Beefmaster crosses and they seem to wean a heavier calf and do better on the fescue, hills and hollows, and timber than just about anything else that's ever set hoof on this place.
J. T.

J. T.":28udnstl said:
I'm not as experienced as some, but I've found that Brahman cross cattle outperform most other breed combinations that I've had on this farm. My farm consists of creek bottomland full of "hot" fescue, steep hills, and pine/hardwood forests. Currently all of my cattle are Brangus and they're doing a good job in this situation. We've had purebred Brahmans, Gert crosses, Beefmaster crosses and they seem to wean a heavier calf and do better on the fescue, hills and hollows, and timber than just about anything else that's ever set hoof on this place.
J. T.

I have a few Brangus left always liked the cattle and cross. Super baldies always do well at the salebarn also. In my opinon only the angusXbrahman is the best of the brahman crosses.

Latest posts