brahman's hump

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

what muscles make the major contribution to the bos indcus cattle?

brahmans are highly resistant to __________ in part due to their resiants to insects?

i need these answers as soon as possible!

[email protected]

Maybe this would this help.

Bos Indicus cattle are characterize by their large Hump. Their is considerable muscular tissue covering the spinal processes below the hump.

Bos Indicus cattle have more highly developed sweat glands and can perspire more freely which is one reason that make them more resistant to heat, they also produce an oily secretion from the sebaceous glands which has a distinctive odor and it assist in the repelling of insects.

> what muscles make the major
> contribution to the bos indcus
> cattle?
> brahmans are highly resistant to
> __________ in part due to their
> resiants to insects?
> i need these answers as soon as
> possible!

[email protected]

> brahmans are highly resistant to
> _DISEASES (like anaplasmosis)__ in part due to their
> resiants to insects?

Isn't a Camel hump, it's a BOS INDICUS hump.

In Mexico and Brazil we use to eat the Hump's meat. The meat tissue looks alike the beef skirt or fajita as is called in Texas

> really? i always thought it was
> made of fat. and used for storage.

[email protected]

Well, i'm not a complete idiot. i knew it wasnt for water storage but i did think it was used for fat storage. now i know.

excuse me I wasn't trying to offend you with the camel stuff, it was more as a joke, comprehend

> Well, i'm not a complete idiot. i
> knew it wasnt for water storage
> but i did think it was used for
> fat storage. now i know.

[email protected]

In all honesty, I was at a very private ranch/retreat owned by and one of about 20 guests of the Krupp family in Brazil back in about 1972. We were privately celebrating Carnival. The servants had a big "hump" on a metal vertical spit, over charcoal, the meat was brushed with amixture of lime juice and salt. There was a big Bowie knife there to cut off a piece to nibble on whenever the need arose. That large hump roasted ther slowley for at least three days, being nibbled on by the guests. I recall it tasting wonderful and not being terrible fat.

Eaglewerks

> Muscular tissue, meat.

[email protected]

Latest posts