cow1-1.jpg

5 year old cow
calf3.jpg

Red Brahman bull and Red Brahman x Holstein heifer bottle babies
calf2.jpg

3/4 Brahman 1/4 Holstein heifer
calf1-1.jpg
Brahman x Holstein heifer bottle baby

I bet your cows out of that cross are some real calf raisers. They could probably handle two calves easy. The Brahmans I have been around typically are good milkers and add the Holstein on top of that. I like the way the 3/4 heifer is marked up. Purty.

Beauty must be in the eye of the beholder. Sorry, they just look funny to me. Should be calve raising machines though. Would be really hard to sell here.

i like the looks of them,especially the 3/4 but i agree with circlebllc that they wouldnt bring much n my parts.

Thanks for the compliments folks, and yes they are tremendous calf raisers. I am just in the beginning stages of building a herd of these. I have some Holstein heifers and a Gir bull that I'm going to cross as well. I'm not too worried about being docked because theres a market for cattle like this down here, you just have to know where the people with similar interests are. Advertising in the right channels is key.

If you took some of those red babies and crossed them with a red or black angus bull you would really have something, and you wouldnt get docked at the barn as bad. Now if you have a niche market down there then I say get after it cuz they will be some calf raisers.

There used to be alot of brahma holstien crosses around here when I was a teenager. They made great cows although a few would have bag problems. You would get docked on steers here now. Although the heifers would make some good cows bred to a terminal bull.

Wish you were closer! I love this type of cow. I have one American Brahman type cow and one Indo type cow. I'd love to fine a good, colorful Gir bull for my cows.

Here is Rose, she's a big ole girl, around 1400 pounds.

05April2012001.jpg

05April2012013.jpg

Spotted Brahma":do1u8j8t said:
Thanks for the compliments folks, and yes they are tremendous calf raisers. I am just in the beginning stages of building a herd of these. I have some Holstein heifers and a Gir bull that I'm going to cross as well. I'm not too worried about being docked because theres a market for cattle like this down here, you just have to know where the people with similar interests are. Advertising in the right channels is key.
This cross makes a pretty awesome mama cow. When we first went into the dairy business we ran brahman bulls with the cattle just because the calves were so valuable. Had a friend that actually milked about a hundred of them at his dairy.

cathill":25eiu4od said:
Wish you were closer! I love this type of cow. I have one American Brahman type cow and one Indo type cow. I'd love to fine a good, colorful Gir bull for my cows.

Here is Rose, she's a big ole girl, around 1400 pounds.

05April2012001.jpg

05April2012013.jpg
always like the eyes like that,, not white around them blowin' snot

Alacowman,
I've only had her here a little over a week but she settled in quietly right off. She will join my American Brahman heifer and her first calf in another week or so. I like to keep them up long enough for them to know where home is and who I am. I had not considered a Holstein cross for her but they sure make nice looking calves.

Here is my American type Brahman, she's snow white in the summer but puts on a pretty good coat in the winter that's dark grey. Here is Babe and her calf.

Septtemps093.jpg

09April2012010.jpg

09April2012004.jpg

09April2012BabeCalfWeekOld.jpg

I really like this calf but would love to find a Gyr or Indo type bull for these cows at some point.

Latest posts