Brahman Treats

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
i have a new red brahman bull calf that im trying to train. i know brahmans respond very well to rewards, and also that there are certain things they cant eat that other cattle can. what are some good treats that i can reward him with? so far hes been really good, with only one incident that i got hurt, but that was unloading him from the trailer after picking him up. i got him friday, and he walks right up to me and lets me pet and brush him. i can grab the halter and hold it but just fights when hes being pulled by it. today i successfully walked him to his feed bowl after having him tied up for a while. i used to buy these alfalfa cubes to reward my last steer, but i wanted to make sure they can eat them before i give him any. if not, what else is there that i can give him.

also, he tried to push my leg a lot with his head. i dont know if he has an itch or just trying to play. i know hes not trying to hurt me because if he wanted to hurt me he would push a lot harder. since he still has horns, it hurts a little bit. how can i let him know hes not supposed to do that without slapping or hitting him. is it ok if i just push his head away, or is that gonna do like hitting him? basically i need to know how to 'punish' him for doing things wrong so he will learn not to do things.

Brahmans can eat alfafa cubes, range cubes are a good treat also.

I recommend a good rap on his nose, will get his attention. You do not want him to get used to butting you even if it is in play.

Hey Cherokee
Where did you find that avatar?
I know you are blonde but I didn't know you played the piano too.

the guy i bought it from said never hit or slap his face for any reason. he said they hit one one time before and never again. he said the thing attacked him and wouldnt quit charging and kicking them over and over. ill pick up a fresh bag of alfalfa cubes tomorrow.

la4angus, i think the blonde is typing on a computer, its not a piano. you may be joking, but im too tired to detect a joke right now. been working with my bull all day.

Yeah, it's time to clean my glasses. :oops: All this rain has them getting foggy.
90% + Humidity. Sometimes 100 + %. Kind of like O.J. Simpson,
110% not guilty, Mr Judge. :roll: :roll:

I would recommend a rap on the nose to get his attention also. I don't know anything about this particular breed of cattle though. We do it with Brangus bulls with no problem. I don't like to hit them though and when at all possible I just tie them back on the post with a very short lead when they act up. I don't know what you are planning on doing with him but the leg butting won't be much fun when he gets to 1500-2000lbs. It sounds like he's doing ok so far. Keep up the good work!
Devin

Did a google search for animated avatar.
First site I looked at had naked women.
The one I am using is a girl typing furiously at her computer.

la4angus":b6zzjjyf said:
Hey Cherokee

Well we have never had one attack us after a good swift kick to the end of the nose but I guess it can happen. We had one a long time ago we called 'Angle' we finally had to buy a hotshot for her. After getting worked over pretty good a couple of times she learned to stay away.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":1mp013tv said:
the guy i bought it from said never hit or slap his face for any reason. he said they hit one one time before and never again. he said the thing attacked him and wouldnt quit charging and kicking them over and over. ill pick up a fresh bag of alfalfa cubes tomorrow.

la4angus, i think the blonde is typing on a computer, its not a piano. you may be joking, but im too tired to detect a joke right now. been working with my bull all day.

cherokeeruby":hzdgf2jc said:

la4angus":hzdgf2jc said:
Hey Cherokee
You shudda used the "naked women" one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I figured you would be hot on the trail of naked women avatars, oh yeah, don't forget animated.

:roll:

la4angus":nez17n2n said:
cherokeeruby":nez17n2n said:

la4angus":nez17n2n said:
Hey Cherokee

Beefy":2b3u865c said:
naked and animated?

Cherokee,

You'll have to let us know how many pm requests you get for the link to the naked and animated avatar site. :?: :lol: :shock: :roll:

cherokeeruby":s3wj27vy said:
I figured you would be hot on the trail of naked women avatars, oh yeah, don't forget animated.

:roll:

la4angus":s3wj27vy said:
cherokeeruby":s3wj27vy said:

la4angus":s3wj27vy said:
Hey Cherokee

Hey Cherokee
I couldn't find none of them naked women avatars. tell me where you found them. :lol: :lol:

la4angus":2w86s9tk said:
Maybe she is trying to find a naked lady avatar to show us.
I better watch it. I don't wanna make her mad.
Them Cherokees can get mean.
I still think she should put up a Naked Lady avatar.
Get some excitement on here.
It might be the most looked at Cattle Message Board on the Web.
Come on Cherokee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts