Brahman Talk.

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian

Reaction score
Northern New England Region, Tenterfield NSW Austr
Just a thread to talk about some US Brahmans that I admired in the March Brahman Journal. Mr V8 51/6 took my eye, he's grey and polled and seems to be very meaty. GKM Mr Sluuger 153/106 is very impressive. JDH Mr Elmo Manso 309/4 is a neat meaty bull, I wonder what colour progeny he would throw? JDH Mr Ashton Manso 193/4 is a nice white grey bull. HK Magnetic 630 is a nice bull especially from the shoulders forward. Sheath seems a bit heavy. HK always have impressive females in their adverts.
It concerns me that a fair few Brahman show cows have very dry looking udders that would never ever suckle a calf. That seems more frequent than what happens over here in Australia. Some American Brahman cattle were notorious for being post legged over the past few years,thankfully that seems to be improving. I look forward to the day that I get to visit the US and have a look at some US Brahmans in real life. I'd love to get to Houston.
Colin

Australian":ej5ypka4 said:
Just a thread to talk about some US Brahmans that I admired in the March Brahman Journal. Mr V8 51/6 took my eye, he's grey and polled and seems to be very meaty. GKM Mr Sluuger 153/106 is very impressive. JDH Mr Elmo Manso 309/4 is a neat meaty bull, I wonder what colour progeny he would throw? JDH Mr Ashton Manso 193/4 is a nice white grey bull. HK Magnetic 630 is a nice bull especially from the shoulders forward. Sheath seems a bit heavy. HK always have impressive females in their adverts.
It concerns me that a fair few Brahman show cows have very dry looking udders that would never ever suckle a calf. That seems more frequent than what happens over here in Australia. Some American Brahman cattle were notorious for being post legged over the past few years,thankfully that seems to be improving. I look forward to the day that I get to visit the US and have a look at some US Brahmans in real life. I'd love to get to Houston.
Colin
Hope you get the opportunity to come over before too long.
Door is open and the welcome mat is out to the USofA..

Australian":jp03vtcu said:
Colin
well if you seen some of those udders full it really would concern you... alot of em have horrible teat and udder stucture..when i look at a american brahman cow thats the very first thing i look at, if something else dont grab my attention first.... and it better be something outstanding............which is pretty much why you see em dry :tiphat: