Brahman Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
This coming Saturday, Diamond A Brahmans is dispersing their Brahman cattle herd at the Caldwell auction barn. For ANYONE wanting to add some Brahman cattle to their herd, you should go to this sale! Mr. Armstrong has been breeding good meaty Brahman cattle for many years, and I'm going to bet the prices will be reasonable as well.. judging by the sale I went to last weekend! I believe there will be 300+ selling.

Had a look at the Heritage online sale. Not that impressed with the offering. Some of those heifers would not get past inspection at some of our Brahman female sales. If they did they would be making the base price of $1,000. I may be a bit harsh but I would expect that the sale I'll go to in Toowoomba will have much better cattle on offer. Have a look at some of the cattle on offer by going to the Australian Brahman Breeders site and click on Toowoomba Premier Female sale. I have seen pictures of Diamond A cattle before,they are pretty handy cattle.

Jerry Armstrong has been in the Brahman business for 30 years.. their kids showed for most of their junior years. Routinely he has beefy, good uddered cattle, which is why I mentioned it.

The sale actually went really well. I didn't stay for everything, as the prices where higher than I could afford after picking up a couple of females last weekend, but overall a good offering. There were some foreign buyers that were really paying top dollar for some of the cows.

:D I watched a feller bid then look at his wife to see if he could bid again. If she gave the nod, would bid again until she shook her head - NO. :lol: I alway get a kick out of this when I see it happen. :secret: Wasn't you BullLady, was it? :p Just kidding.

Larryshoat, I've alwasy herd tell everyone has a twin somewhere. I'f you would have been at the sale today, you could have met him. He bought some nice cattle too.

lol.. no, it wasn't me, but I do know who you're talking about! The auctioneer mentioned it as well.

Yes.. there were some great cattle there! They really brought good $$$ too I thought. Did you stay for the open heifers?

TheBullLady":qrrkgjyu said:
lol.. no, it wasn't me, but I do know who you're talking about! The auctioneer mentioned it as well.

Yes.. there were some great cattle there! They really brought good $$$ too I thought. Did you stay for the open heifers?
Yep, I wanted to see some of the yearling bulls sell. Most of the open heifers were in the $1600 - 2500 range. Some more and some less.

Finished selling a little before 7.

It was an excellent sale and fun to watch and hear about their history with their animals. I bought lot 215 and drove over from Louisiana to pick her up on Easter. I love her and cant wait to A.I. her.

I still feel the same way after breeding stud Brahmans for the past 34 years. We purchased 4 grey heifers last weekend and I still love looking at them. They are the most affectionate cattle that anyone could ever own. Intelligence far superior to other breeds ( I have Hereford,Angus,Black Baldies and South Devons (Have had Charolais and Gelbviehs) ) The feeling for the breed has never waned in all those years.
Good luck with your heifer. Whats her breeding and what will you join her to?
Colin

She is out of a 183/6 son and 27/9 daughter. Both of these bulls were out of their 88/2 cow. 183/6 sire is JDH Mr Manso 440/1 and 27/9 is out of JDH Mr Union Manso 455/3.

I plan on breeding her to our bull Mr. Zodiak 134. I bought her solely for that purpose. He was the 2000 grey show bull of the year. You can see him on the link below. He is the first bull.

http://www.frbrahmans.com/index.php?p=1_3_Bulls

She has adjusted quite well. I hoping to get her AI on friday or sat. I missed her last cycle because we were implanting frozen embryos that day.

Latest posts