Brahman Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":3adwsauv said:
RanchMan90":3adwsauv said:
Prices look a little off in San saba today. F1s bringing similar to feeder heifers.

I wonder what that country look like right now. A lot of stuff West and south of us is burnt up. They are about to be coming to town with cattle if the don't get rain this month.

Do you have the sale report? Looks like that was the place to be. I have room for some good cattle priced right.
It's live on cattleusa right now

6mo bred Tiger Heifer $2000... looks like she blew her blk baldie counterparts out of the water... 3N1 blk baldies only $1650.. Angus cows bred to Sim-Angus bulls $1250... Open tiger heifers $1225... bigger tiger heifers $1550

The buyers are definitely buying certain stuff and the others are pretty cheap. Little single black F1 heifer went thru by herself and didn't even bring $1000. I could have turned her out and made money on her. With a little grass and polish she would have been a looker.

I love my Brahman bull. This past year about half of my Angus cows were bred to him and the other half to a Hereford. It will be interesting to see what kind of money I get with the Brahman crosses compared to the black baldies at the sale barn. Black baldies are all they want around here. I'm planning on keeping the Brahman/Angus females to grow my herd, although a friend wants all of them and says he will pay significantly higher than market value.

AZAggie":1yul1thq said:
I love my Brahman bull. This past year about half of my Angus cows were bred to him and the other half to a Hereford. It will be interesting to see what kind of money I get with the Brahman crosses compared to the black baldies at the sale barn. Black baldies are all they want around here. I'm planning on keeping the Brahman/Angus females to grow my herd, although a friend wants all of them and says he will pay significantly higher than market value.

Let us know back how it turns out. A lot of people express their theories on here but very few of them put any real life numbers behind them.

Can Brahmans be run up north? I don't know much about the breed, but it looks like a southern range only breed?

Great looking cattle by the way!

NonTypicalCPA":1z8yvdpq said:
Can Brahmans be run up north? I don't know much about the breed, but it looks like a southern range only breed?

IMO no, there composites yes.
They are designed for heat where 80% of the worlds cattle are ran.

NonTypicalCPA":1qyuff46 said:

The Brahmans and brimmer composites do alright in northern states but they needs some attention during the winters. High maintenance and high input cattle. If you want have some brimmer blood in your herd, try an Ultrablack or Beefmaster Advancer.

AZAggie":22i2wo5t said:
I don't think you will take a hit on them Brahman cross steers as bad as some people on here say you will. IF you will sell them at the right sale but you need to haul them east of OKC or I think you will. I would take them to Ada, Holdenville,Bristow, some of the bigger sales east/southeast of OKC.
just my :2cents: :2cents:

We have this Brahman herd for the purpose of breeding F1s to keep for ourselves and sell private treaty. Basically we bought another piece of the supply pipeline rather than being dependent on buying them from others. We have another property where I have started gathering all the Hereford influenced, Braford, and F1 type cattle and another property with Angus influenced, Brangus, and F1 type cattle. The last two years we have started sincing the cattle up for spring calves. By having the cattle grouped like that and having Brahman, Hereford and Angus bulls Im hoping to be able to mix and match what we want to produce, depending on the market. We will have the ability to produce straight Brahman, black & red baldies, and any where from 7/8 to 1/8 Brahman Hereford and/or Brahman Angus cross cattle.

NonTypicalCPA":2izcj3wc said:

I don't really see the benefit of purebred Brahman cattle up north unless you just want to look at them in your pasture. You can start seeing the benefits of the Brahman in the Ultrablacks and other composite breeds as others have mentioned.

Caustic Burno":lfywboqx said:
Pretty Brute I am a little jealous.
I like the red ones and F1 as well
Use to be a man here,that raised some of the best looking American reds,you ever laid eyes on. Deep,soggy, good boned, cherry reds. They knew how to raise em.. But To talk to him you'd think he had to be lead around.. :cowboy:

gaurus":2gb4lgyc said:
Some Brahman cows.
12677159_551725568334623_1998703697_n.jpg

every time I see this picture I think this is perfect for all the Brahman haters, sticking her tongue out switching her tail Like she could care less if she is liked or not :clap:

Brute 23":2kclcwsc said:
Saw this on FB from a Brahman breeder in LA.

It got down to 11 degrees Fahrenheit back in January. Our Brahman did fine and calved without problems in the middle of winter. Feet and fertility are the big issues in Brahman.