Brahman or crosses in Alberta or Saskatchewan ?!

Help Support CattleToday:

mpassmore85

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Brahman cows or Brahman cross cows in Alberta or Saskatchewan for sale ?
Heifers are fine also I can't seem to find any (Not interested in bucking stock unless they are gentle heifers or cows)

JerseyXBrahman would be ideal :)

But why Brahman? It would be a lot easier to find some nice Angus or Hereford cows that would eat your grass

Well I wish you luck in your search! (I did just see a red Brahman bull for sale on Craigslist so you can find them in the north)

lets face the facts , as much as I like Brahman and Brahman cross cattle they are not made for that part of the world. If we had winters all the time as cold as its been in Okla. this year I would not have Brahman cross cattle. They are good cattle in the the right place and that far north is not the right place.
just my 2 cents

Yea I saw those Brahmans. I was more looking for the "traditional" looking Brahman not something that beefy.

And crossed properly I think they'd do really well. Knew someone that had some a while ago even in winter they did alright

mpassmore85":3ah6g9oe said:
Ps. I'm not in Antarctica lol

I recently saw a study that stated that Brahman do not do as well as European beef cattle below 8 Fahrenheit (-13 Celsius). I am sure you have quite a few winter days colder than that.

I am sure a calf that is half Brahman and half European beef breed would do better in the cold temperatures. Brangus, which has 5/8 Angus and 3/8 Brahman genetics, would do even better in the cold weather.

Don't need much Brahman influence above I20... Sure don't need any in Alberta.. Really Not fair to the animal forcing it to survive in that climate...as outa place as Jessie Jackson at a klan rally....

Don't worry about True Grits and his baboons. We have few brahman breeders in Minnesota and they do fine in winters as long as you use more bedding for them and have shelter available for them. Just don't calving them out while the ground is still white. The Brahmans are kinda of being a high maintenance animal in our climate.

Muddy":2omugjfz said:
Don't worry about True Grits and his baboons. We have few brahman breeders in Minnesota and they do fine in winters as long as you use more bedding for them and have shelter available for them. Just don't calving them out while the ground is still white. The Brahmans are kinda of being a high maintenance animals in our climate.
Didn't know he had any baboons..he does have a few, that agree with him... But with the broad spectrum of breeds you raise, no doubt you'd want to try them.. You should try raising mini zebu.. That way there won't be as much carcass to bury...

Latest posts