Brahman News

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
The big Brahman week sales have just finished in Rockhampton Queensland. Top price for a grey bull was $65,000 for a grandson of Mr V8 777/4 out of a JDH Madison De Manso dam,another son of same breeding made $28,000.
Another good price was a JDH Navasota Manso son for $45,000. Another JDH Gardner Manso son made $20,000. JDH Mr Ebenzer sons sold to $19,000.Tartrus Redmount ( by VL Rojo Grande)sons sold to $40,000 with other sons selling from $30,000 on a number of occasions. Mr HCC 772/8 grandsons sold to $20,000. JDH Mr Boswick Manso sons sold for up to $20,000. JJ Wise Didor grandsons sold to $19,000. JDH Madison Man Manso sons sold to $22,000. A son of HK Visa Brazil sold for $35,000.
A son of HK Passport sold for $42,000.
I'll let all know how the sale averaged. There was about 1,000 bulls sold over the three days.
Colin

Just wait till I send you a report later in the month when there are some more sales at which there are females to be sold. Two established stud herds and a first time on property sale will have some magnificent heifers on offer. The newcomer has already sold JDH blood heifers at $42,000 and $48,000 earlier this year.
Keep you posted.
Colin

Dang, those are high prices. What's the Aussie dollar worth compared to the US dollar? About 75 cents, roughly speaking, if I remember correctly. Hey Bulllady, why don't we meet up around 3 AM over in Hungerford, Tx. and see if can rustle up some of those JDH and V8 critters. Almost sounds like the prices in Australia would be worth the risk.

Yes the dollar is about the 75c mark, has been for a long time now.
The Brahman breed is doing very well here in Australia. They really have stood the test of time. There are a lot more Brahman and Brahman derived breeds down south now whereas once they were predominately up north in the warmer climes. We run them in our cool to cold country and they do well. There is no discount for them here,as thay always are clean in the coat and usually have the added hybrid vigour,so they often are larger than some of the other cattle on offer at our sales. Temperament is not a problem,we can have at times more flighty Herefords than our Brahmans.
BRAHMANS, CROSSBREEDINGS COMMON DENOMINATOR.

Colin

That's not the highest priced Brahman either. Last month's Journal reported a heifer that sold to Brazil for $200K. They're touting it as "the highest price paid for a Brahman". Don't know what they're smoking over there..

yes I seen that price, a lot of embryos would need to be sold out of her to recoup the expense. Australian Brahman breeders are just starting to sell a fair few embryos and semen to Brazil. Braford breeders are selling semen and embryos predominately to Argentina. This exchange of technology can only be good for the industry. A lot of pure Brahmans are sold to the Phillippines and Thailand from our country. Thousands of Brahmans and their high content crosses are sent to Indonesia each year to go into feedlots. Pretty well all of these cattle are sourced from the north of Queensland,Northern Territory and Western Australia. Indonesia is only about 2 hours flight north of Darwin the capital of the Northern Territory.
Colin

Brahmans continue to do well at sales here in Australia.
Last week seen a grey heifer sell to $52,500 and a grey bull sell to $85,000 (the years top for a Brahman).
Droughmaster bull made $140,000 earlier in the season. I'll post towards the end of the month a run down on all the breed averages for all breeds of bulls and females sold in Australia this year.
Colin

Latest posts