Brahman heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

RanchMan90

Reaction score
Watched some Brahman heifers weighing 650 lbs bring $3.25 a lb yesterday at the salebarn. Where are people going with these and why?

RanchMan90":13r0rkqg said:
Watched some Brahman heifers weighing 650 lbs bring $3.25 a lb yesterday at the salebarn. Where are people going with these and why?

Actually more surprised they were that cheap and in the sale barn.
To make Tigers or F-1 Brangus

Course Texas deals with more Brahman then here...here any thing with ear they call brahma...even a angus with pneumonia and droopy ears is called brahma.... :cowboy:

How are these more profitable mathematically than crossbred cows with bull of choice? I could certainly understand if they had all heifer calves, steers bring down calf crop average price considerably.

RanchMan90":2gy0x8by said:
How are these more profitable mathematically than crossbred cows with bull of choice? I could certainly understand if they had all heifer calves, steers bring down calf crop average price considerably.

Those girls on a Hereford bull heifers will outsell anything else.
Called the Queen of cow county here.
They will produce for twenty plus years as well.

I know from raising tiger heifers first hand,how hot they are.... guys constantly wanting them...their worth more than the stock it takes to produce them...they want the glory without the work...although I loved em I don't want the trouble anymore....

They are going to a ranch with marginal land where you can't make a dime with a 1/8th Brahman commercial cow.

Latest posts