Brahman F1's

Help Support CattleToday:

We dont really have a problem workind our brahamns and tigers. We have pitpe pens so they cant tear them up. We also work them slower and let them find where they need to go instead of pushign them there. I think they're easier to work than other breeds because they're always ready to go and you dont have to push them or chase them. :D

I found the same thing with brahma cattle. Lead don't push and let them go with a little patience and they will work easier than english cattle.

chili pepper":3dyyp21x said:
I found the same thing with brahma cattle. Lead don't push and let them go with a little patience and they will work easier than english cattle.
What do you suggest doing when you've got 'em strung out for half a mile and need to shut a gate behind the last one?

Tex and Craig agree too many loose screws in the F-1 bramer crosses great calves, just need a pack of CATOHULA'S in true range conditions.
The cross didn't work well in 3/8 either that is why the Brafords never took hold. None of the Bramer crosses are worth a pinch of dried up monkey, except Brangus.

Caustic Burno ---- FWIW, I agree as to the Brangus being good, but I suspect there are lots of folks in south Texas that feel that Gert's are just as good, and they are also 3/8 Brahma. And I know there are a lot of Simbrah fans. Haven't heard much comment, pro or con, from the folks that combined 3/8 Brahma with Charlais, Limo, etc.

Simbrah is far better breed than Brangus

Caustic Burno":13us7vbf said:
Tex and Craig agree too many loose screws in the F-1 bramer crosses great calves, just need a pack of CATOHULA'S in true range conditions.
The cross didn't work well in 3/8 either that is why the Brafords never took hold. None of the Bramer crosses are worth a pinch of dried up monkey, except Brangus.

A. delaGarza":1k4nxufs said:
Simbrah is far better breed than Brangus

Caustic Burno":1k4nxufs said:

Thats an opinon like the little boy who kissed the calf in the butt everyone to there own taste.

I will have to agree with old Caustic on this one.

Latest posts