Brahman crosses

Help Support CattleToday:

> Which would be the best beef breed
> to cross with the Brahman Breed in
> the Rockhampton area of beef
> cattle farming? I would use South Devon over Brahman. I use them and I am very happy.The South Devon will correct any temperament problem. They do not get eye cancer like some British breeds. I breed Stud Brahmans and South Devons in the New England area of NSW Australia. I formerly lived in a subtropical area hence the reason for starting with Brahmans 30+ years ago. Another breed that I think might be of interest is Tarentaise, I've just had my attention drawn to them.You will find that Buffalo fly are very much drawn to the darker coloured cattle. Best of Luck

[email protected]

I dont know where Rockhampton is but look into brahmanXhereford, brangus, red brangus, beefmaster, simbrah, droughtmaster, santa gertrudis, charbray, gelbray, the list goes on and on

> I dont know where Rockhampton is
> but look into brahmanXhereford,
> brangus, red brangus, beefmaster,
> simbrah, droughtmaster, santa
> gertrudis, charbray, gelbray, the
> list goes on and on Rockhampton is in central Queensland Australia. Its main industry is Beef. It is situated on the tropic of Capricorn. It is a city of 60,000 people It has recently held Beef Australia 2003 a week long event which highlights events pertaining to the beef industry. It is made up of a stud cattle show which this year had 1400 head of 34 breeds shown. It also highlights the commercial side of the industry as well. Rockhampton is headquarters for most of the Bos Indicus breeds in our country. there are only Brangus, Santa Gertrudis and Droughtmaster that have their offices elsewhere.Hope you enjoyed my info about Rocky as it is affectionally called. It also holds the world's largest multi vendor Brahman sale which has from 900 to 1400 head offered each October.

[email protected]

good to know, i figured it was probably in tropical australia somewhere. now i know. thanks.

Try crossing with a limousin. A 5/8 limousin 3/8 brahman is a purebred brahmousin. The website here in the US is <A HREF="http://www.brahmousin.org" TARGET="_blank">www.brahmousin.org</A> and there is some good info. on there. There is also a brahmousin association in Australia. E-mail me if you would like some contact information in australia and I can send you an info. packet on the breed if you are interested. We raise them in SW Mo and we really like the hardiness of these cattle. There has also been some carcass data collected in Australia as well.

> Which would be the best beef breed
> to cross with the Brahman Breed in
> the Rockhampton area of beef
> cattle farming?

[email protected]

Latest posts