Brahman cow

Help Support CattleToday:

stewart

Reaction score
I have a brahman cow that has a small swelling just ahead of her udder and it has not got any bigger. Could she be getting milk? The reason i am wondering, she comes in heat every month and she has been in with my bull since last Aug. Thanks for all replys. Stewart

IT'S TIME TO SELL HER...OR HAVE YOUR BULL TESTED.. :roll: If she is still coming in heat after almost a year it is time to sell her , prices are high, you can replace her later ..... :cboy:

Hold on, don't give her the cull cow ride just yet. I have a heifer that was standing yeasterday that is safe w/ calf. Bred or not maybe changes in the weather may have something to do with it. This is the second time she has had all the signs of being in heat, had her preg checked this morning. Safe with salf to my AI date, May 3rd.
As for the swelling infront of her udder, she could be comming to milk. The best way to know is to preg check. When was the first time you saw the bull ride her? When did she calve last year? Does she have adequate mineral?

she comes in heat every month and she has been in with my bull since last Aug.

Even if a bred cow is showing signs of heat, this should not have been happening for 11 months! If she has cycled every month, she needs to grow wheels!