brahman cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
i have a real good gentle brahman bull (grey) and i bred him to a red grey cross cow the calf(bull) came real white black nose but the end of his tail is white he is gentle as adog the parents have always had calves black nose and tail what gives

See Photo Below......
From what I have been told it is nothing to worry about...
a genetic thing, may have skipped a generation or two in your case ?. The cow in this photo, has never been unplaced in the show ring against strong competition, although after comments by the owners of the loosing cattle at one show, about our cow ' Not being a true brahman ' ( because of the white brush)
I was promted to contact The Australian Brahman Breeders Assn and they could not find a ruling against this confirmation characteristic, although a black brush is mentioned as preferred.
This particular cow, has had 3 calves now and not a white brush in site, although her dam & grand dam had the white brush as well.[/img]

80339D58.jpg
[/url]
A White Brush ....Like This :?:

Looks like somethign out of a fairy tale. Lots of eye appeal there, I see why she does so good at the show.

One of those odd genetic quirks known to Brahman cattle. I had a Elephante cow that I bought at Brightwells' that had a white "switch". It never bothered me, and she had some very good calves (all heifers) but here in Texas they will hold that against your animal in the show ring.

Latest posts