Brahman Bull will mount

Help Support CattleToday:

ronay0

Reaction score
I have a 2 1/2 yr old reg brahman bull, he will not mount the cows, Is he too young or doesnt know, or whats wrong w/ him. I have seen, which I like to replace, a red brahman bull 20 months old and IS READY for anyone but the owner wants to much for. What can I do? wait? I WANTS RESULTS OR HE'LL BE HAMBURGER MEAT.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

If he shows any interest in the cows, sniffing around them, chinning, etc., it could be an injury, bad feet or legs, poor nutrition. If he doesn't show any interest maybe low libido. Has he bred cows in the past? Either way get a breeding sounness exam done, that may point to some problem.

dun

ronay0":w2kgbw7x said:
I have a 2 1/2 yr old reg brahman bull, he will not mount the cows, Is he too young or doesnt know, or whats wrong w/ him. I have seen, which I like to replace, a red brahman bull 20 months old and IS READY for anyone but the owner wants to much for. What can I do? wait? I WANTS RESULTS OR HE'LL BE HAMBURGER MEAT.

ronay0":1pns5z4m said:

have you noticed if cows are coming back in heat? just because you don't see him mount doesn't mean he's not getting them bred. some folks call brahmans "shy" breeders & say there are some you will never see breed a cow......many of these breed at night. we've had a brangus bull the same way. would have sworn he wasn't breeding any cows but he was.

I think its POOR NUTRITION, I seen him sniff the cows for about 5-10 seconds then loses interest. I think your right about POOR NUT. I dont think hes hurt or has any injuries at all. I have these animals out in the "wilderness" about 200-300 acres and about 100 acres of pasture (if thats what I call it) they tend for themselves. I give them about 1 sack of feed (grains w/salt) once a week. Do you think its to late to plant grass (seasonal) now, or what type of grass can I plant now that will last until summer. I will plant alfafa in OCT for sure or please give me any advice.
THANKS TO ALL.

ronay0":3ej9rrz0 said:
I think its POOR NUTRITION, I seen him sniff the cows for about 5-10 seconds then loses interest. I think your right about POOR NUT. I dont think hes hurt or has any injuries at all. I have these animals out in the "wilderness" about 200-300 acres and about 100 acres of pasture (if thats what I call it) they tend for themselves. I give them about 1 sack of feed (grains w/salt) once a week. Do you think its to late to plant grass (seasonal) now, or what type of grass can I plant now that will last until summer. I will plant alfafa in OCT for sure or please give me any advice.
THANKS TO ALL.
# 1 What part of the country are you in. Different areas for diferent pasture. Most areas, it is to late to be planting pasture right now. Southern part of the country you can soon be planting spring and summer
pasture. It is to late for winter pasture seeding.

We have a horse that way..I think it's because they don't know what to do although it seems like it would come natural?? Maybe (like our horse) he's been raised around females too long & hasn't seen another bull do it.
Ellie May

Well giving better info would help me BETTER, sorry.
I have these darlings in Sonora, Mexico 120 miles south of Tucson, AZ.
I only see them about once or twice a month if possible. I have good soil to plant anything thats no trouble. BUT I dont know what to plant now.
Will alfafa be ok to plant in OCt. or sooner?

Latest posts