Brahman Bull Questions

Help Support CattleToday:

Here he is. There are things I like... things I don't but over all I think he will do a good job of getting us to the next step.

I was really surprised at how many bulls I looked at that people really hyped up but I was not impressed with. The one thing about this bull, other than being easy going, that I really liked is he carries himself very well. He has good balance and is some what light on his feet. I guess they consider him moderate framed. A lot of the big bulls I looked at would not hold up long term IMO. I will definitely be shaking the bushes before my next purchase to find some moderate sized, hard working bulls. Not the monsters every one is pushing.

Im almost more excited to get him across some of our commercial cattle more than the Brimmers. We have some black cattle and some hereford cattle with just a 1/4 Brimmer or so in them. ;-)

20170529_165107-1_zpslk9epola.jpg

Nice! Congratulations.

He looks like the Cuatro Didor bull we used a while back. Did the same thing you did and got the most moderate sized bull we could find.

JWBrahman":2lpcnm5n said:
Ambassador 400/4 is a good polled bull.

Here is the web page for our old bull, he looks just like yours.

http://www.bovine-elite.com/brahmanepd2 ... 0&id2nd=20

You right, they have a similar build. Your's is cleaner and it looks like he has a little more length. I will definitely keep him in mind on the next go round.

The bull is masculine and that is more than half the battle won when it comes to Brahman cattle. Very sound. Very good hindquarter. Not great in the midsection and it affects his balance. Sheath is really not good. Here a y type sheath like that would be a disqualification.

KNERSIE":10bux3ox said:
The bull is masculine and that is more than half the battle won when it comes to Brahman cattle. Very sound. Very good hindquarter. Not great in the midsection and it affects his balance. Sheath is really not good. Here a y type sheath like that would be a disqualification.

Thanks Knersie. That was actually a concern I originally axed this bull for but came back to him because too many other things grew on me.

I have some cows that have been dropping calves the last couple of months. My plan was to bring them up close, in the open where I could watch him breed. He will go out July 1st. If it looks like it is going to be an issue I will definitely take him back.

There is no reason why he wouldn't breed. He'd just be more prone to injury or infection due to the likelihood of his sheath getting scratched of grass seeds getting in the prepitium. He is just higher risk.

Brute, he's a good looking bull! Looks so much like a Brahma bull, our friend James used to have. He had Bruno for 17 years. He never did see him breed any of his cows----------EVER. Figured he was a "shy" and "night-time" breeder.

You should get some nice calves by him.

Latest posts