Brahman AI sires

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
What are considered the top AI sires in Brahman circles? Not including the reds. I am trying to learn about Brahman genetics.

I'm not sure on the popular bulls now , but Joe Butt of Valley B Enterprises in Cleveland,Tn might be a good resource. He fits quite a few Brahmans for folks in the Southeast and helps with some of the sales. One thing I see in the Brahman breed I don't see as much in other breeds is having semen on some of the top bulls for sale foreign only.

I have some MR. V8 202/3 in the tank. I have not used him yet. The cow Im planning on breeding to him should calve in the next couple weeks

mr-v8-202-3-540x360.jpg

V8 and J.D. Hudgins will be the two most prominent Gray breeders you'll find Bulls from. I don't have any experience with them, but they have been in the business a long time, and have built a reputation for quality stock.The Texas folks on here will have a lot more insight than I will though.

I know Elmo is a good bull to use of course he's off of Hudgins ranch. Must all your grey's are going to come off of the ranches mentioned earlier. I guess it's a matter of searching of searching out what you want in a bull. Partin and Partin have really nice bulls but again its hard to not use JDHudgins bloodline. Now don't get me wrong Hudgins is the best of the best to use.

Latest posts