Brahma - not feminine?

Help Support CattleToday:

Everyone has their favorites, and none of mine have that much ear. (no offense, just different tastes) But what a nice uniform bunch you have there, and evidently, a little spoiled. That's how we like 'em! Very nice pictures.

grubbie":1fvaqseb said:
Everyone has their favorites, and none of mine have that much ear. (no offense, just different tastes) But what a nice uniform bunch you have there, and evidently, a little spoiled. That's how we like 'em! Very nice pictures.
Put those cows in Wyoming this time of year they wouldn't have those ears very long, or the fat.

novatech":3ioxb9r4 said:
grubbie":3ioxb9r4 said:
Put those cows in Wyoming this time of year they wouldn't have those ears very long, or the fat.
thats for sure..........if he's unsure where he likes em or not....winterin' a few of em would be his deciding factor

alacattleman":29kzejv9 said:
I'd be willing to bet there is not an ornery one in the bunch.
probably not a everyday ornery, but there's a sleeping giants in about every brahman cow..... their "super smart" that some mistake as wild idiots and can smell a rat quicker than any.... and they don't cowboy worth a dam.[/quote]

For the folks that like to yahoo cattle, nothing will teach them quicker on the right way to work cows then to work Brahman or Brahman influence animals.

Well I could NEVER own cattle that look like that,,and not just because of the climate..

Those babies are way to cute
:nod: , I probably would want to be out there "bugging" them all the time and get killed by one of the mommas because of their loving maternal instinct.. :lol:

Nice looking group.. :)

dun":2a3j4hhc said:
For the folks that like to yahoo cattle, nothing will teach them quicker on the right way to work cows then to work Brahman or Brahman influence animals.

You said a mouthful, Dun. You learn very quick that it's much easier to pull than to push. As a matter of fact, I don't know many that you CAN push. :) I think that every cattle owner should work brahman/brahman influenced cattle at least once. It does make you think/plan how your going to do things much better. For my brangus girls I start moving them/working them closer to the corral two to three days before it's time to work them. Then I only work them in the morning, and do as quick and quietly as I can. Strangers not welcome; Been there before - they (strangers) only make problems.

Still a very nice group of cows/calves. I know a hereford bull that would like to meet them.

BeefmasterB, is that a F1 (the black one) in the background?

Outside of the black one, hav'nt any of you picked up that they're all sick, what with the droopy ears? I mean I picked up on that almost immediately. Just kidding. Really nice looking cattle.

cypressfarms":zf53lkdf said:
dun":zf53lkdf said:

You said a mouthful, Dun. You learn very quick that it's much easier to pull than to push. As a matter of fact, I don't know many that you CAN push. :) I think that every cattle owner should work brahman/brahman influenced cattle at least once. It does make you think/plan how your going to do things much better. For my brangus girls I start moving them/working them closer to the corral two to three days before it's time to work them. Then I only work them in the morning, and do as quick and quietly as I can. Strangers not welcome; Been there before - they (strangers) only make problems.

Still a very nice group of cows/calves. I know a hereford bull that would like to meet them.

BeefmasterB, is that a F1 (the black one) in the background?

Cypress - that's a 1/4 Brahma, 3/4 Angus he's keeping for a friend. Since your interested in black here's one of my new little fellas:

IMG_0452.jpg

CKC1586":1kpvepgx said:
Looks like one of those pretty ladies lost part of her left ear??

Naw, she just preparing for lift-off :lol: Who knows what happened to it! I've learned that if a cow can get into something, it will!