Brahma mama, Whats it worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm guessing they're at the sale and he has a couple $$$'s burning a hole in his pocket...if the price is right
@MurraysMutts , if you have the room and have the hay, and can get them for less than $2k, get them. The F1 heifers will bring you $1200-$1500 ,..or would have the last year or so around here.

Ask them if you can go in the pen and push them around down an alley and through a chute just like you would at home.

If they won't let you or the cattle give you trouble... pass. Gentle in a pen and easy to work are two completely different things in the Brahman world.

I personally don't think they are a good fit for you but I'm making a lot of assumptions.

Ask them if you can go in the pen and push them around down an alley and through a chute just like you would at home.

If they won't let you or the cattle give you trouble... pass. Gentle in a pen and easy to work are two completely different things in the Brahman world.

I personally don't think they are a good fit for you but I'm making a lot of assumptions.
I have a video of someone doing just exactly that!
They eat from your hand and allow petting.

Could be interesting to watch.

True. But, I have seen them that are "country cattle".... have never been to town.... act all "Brahman-y' in strange, loud enviroments like a sale barn, settle right down and be fine once you get them home and they know they are home. It used to be real bad when they let them use hot shots at the sale barns.

It all depends on where you are. Your neighborhood? I have no idea. South of you good money. Here 75-80 cents pound. Maybe one bid over what the kill buyers will pay.
Yeah. Right on the edge here. Possibly a bit far north. Tho, I know of a herd of white brahmas over by Stillwater.
Summers here can be pretty brutal.
It's winters I worry about but, I've a good shelter for them!

Latest posts