brahma cross

Help Support CattleToday:

russoniellov1

Reaction score
what do you all think of breeding brahma heifers or cows to holstein or amerifax bulls, these f1 should produce lots of milk, and then breed them back to frame 5 angus gelbvieh or herf bulls, should be beautyful calves. do you know of anyone that does this, thanks for any input.

my stepdad said that some of the best calves he ever had were brahman crossed with dairy females. Like you, he said they made great mamas.

Ive herd of brahman cross with holstein cant remember what they called the cross. but brahman produce enough milk on there on he!! they poduce enough to raise two and crossed with simm/herf adds more meat too there frame followed by a third cross like if you prefer gelbvieh then your on your way too making a good calf .

If you had holsteins cows and wanted to transistion to beef, a cross might be a starting place. But if you have beef cows I would not breed to a dairy bull unless you wanted a nurse cow. Go one way or the other but don't try to ride in two directions. Takes too long that way.

If I had Brahman heifers, I'd breed them to a Hereford bull to produce some of the best females available in the cow business.

russoniellov1":1mwuy8uy said:
what do you all think of breeding brahma heifers or cows to holstein or amerifax bulls, these f1 should produce lots of milk, and then breed them back to frame 5 angus gelbvieh or herf bulls, should be beautyful calves. do you know of anyone that does this, thanks for any input.

Bell teats out your ass with a bad attitude. Also with a coloration that would take a bad hit at the salebarn.

yes you can run the holstein bull on brahama heifers.that will give you the brahamastein cross that your wanting.then run a blk bull back on the resulting heifers.to cut down on the loud colors.burno is right the bottle teats will kill you.so those cows need tobe culled.best way to get the cross is grey brahama bulls on holstein cows.

Latest posts