Brahma cross bull prospect

Help Support CattleToday:

Murray is Richard possibly sired by him too Cuso that sweet bull you got from me that disappeared? Seems like his birthday could fit. He looks like Cuso. Im sure someone stole him. He was so dog gentle anyone could have lead him away.

Murray is Richard possibly sired by him too Cuso that sweet bull you got from me that disappeared? Seems like his birthday could fit. He looks like Cuso. Im sure someone stole him. He was so dog gentle anyone could have lead him away.
Nope.
Richard is out of a Brahma cow and unknown bull. (Obviously a black bull)
I bought her bred.

Got a couple pics today of the June born calf out of Richard.
Shes near as big as Bessie Mae's adopted bull calf. He was March born.
Heifers got some leg under her.
Idk guys. I'm watching the second one to see how she does as well.
I know one calf dont mean squat, but.....
20210927_174822.jpg20210927_174730.jpg20210927_174701.jpg20210927_174641.jpg
Yes. Shes gotten a touch of pinkeye in that left eye. I've got a couple calves that have had to be treated.

If only you had a place to go and ask questions about bulls you wouldn't have to learn every thing the hard way 😉
Not sure I understand...

Shes near as big as a bull calf twice her age. And shes not far behind calves out of the hereford bull that got some age on her too.
I bet she sells ok.

What am i a missing?

Today Richard took a ride. He went to the sale. Slaughter buyer got him.
Sad day for such a good old hound. He served his purpose. Now ill rotate Big Sexy between herds. No sense in feeding two bulls for a job that one can do.

On to the next one.....

Sold the first heifer out of Richard.
She sold with a black baldy heifer af same age. I sold them both a lil earlier than I'd have liked to, but pasture condition and mother condition influenced my decision. Wasnt disappointed.
Brought exactly same money. 1.60
The 2 smaller calves on the right side. Not the far right animal.
20211018_082254.jpg

I'll have more to sell later....

The 2 competitors....
20211022_161847.jpg20211024_180301.jpg
And I got a new one!
Big ol bull calf out of my number one cow. She indeed moved up 1 month. She always, always births a bigger calf no matter what she's bred to.
Got them ears.
No doubt about who daddy is!!
20211027_183218.jpg20211027_183211.jpg
Hes got that look.....
WHAT DID YOU JUST DO TO MY TESTES!?!? FOR PETES SAKE, IM STILL WET MAN!!

@gcreekrch got this one fast enough!
Thanks for the advice from the other thread. I had to remove the cheerio and start over. I only got 1 the first time!

As an aside. I can see how one might miss a second testicle. Gotta be sure to take that extra minute and do it right. He will be a steer in short order tho.
First one I've ever put a cheerio on, in the field! Go me!

Last edited:
I see you have a good crop of broomweed, I wonder if it's as good for cattle grazing as ragweed.:)
Yeah. That old railroad right of way is pretty rough. There's good grass out there. But it's been hell trying to get it clean...
Gotta spray again next spring. But idk how good it'll do on that crap.

The cows don't eat it. Will goats?

Latest posts