Brahma cross bull prospect

Help Support CattleToday:

I've followed this thread for a while but don't think I've ever posted. I don't have a problem with this bull like most do. I'm with Murray, a calf is better than no calf. And it's a black calf at that. Seems like he has checked the main two boxes with being a cow/calf producer. Breed the best you can at that time Murray and when you get the chance to improve your herd, do so. Can only do the best you can with what you have to work with at the time. I'm in the same boat.

Hey thanks for stopping by @Cada22 !
Nice to see folks hanging around.

I got my eye on this one!
I honestly didnt expect a tremendous calf. Just a good ol medium/average calf was my expectation. We will see how it goes.
Not disappointed yet.
May be when the others start calving this fall.... lol. I hope not tho

What is the goggle eyed black white face male to the right of your little heifer? He looks good in this picture.
Heifer is cute, but no where near enough thickness for me. Appears to have nice clean lines. Needs a good meaty bull when the time is right.

What is the goggle eyed black white face male to the right of your little heifer? He looks good in this picture.
Heifer is cute, but no where near enough thickness for me. Appears to have nice clean lines. Needs a good meaty bull when the time is right.
May 3rd bull calf outta my hereford bull, and a Chiangus mama. Shes one of my better quality cows! And the bull seems to do a good job too.
Screenshot_20210725-221405_Gallery.jpg
Just sold a calf similar to him last Monday. He did very well. Weighed 515 at 1.69. An unweaned bull calf! He was born January 7th. Just over 6 months I guess.

The brangus heifer will probly be sold at weaning.

I cant remember the start of this thread exactly but she is out of a Brahman X bull right?

Brahman calves look like that when they are born. They are all leg. Almost makes you think they are sick or some thing if you are not use to it. It take a couple weeks for them to blow up. Then it will seem like they never stop growing.

I cant remember the start of this thread exactly but she is out of a Brahman X bull right?

Brahman calves look like that when they are born. They are all leg. Almost makes you think they are sick or some thing if you are not use to it. It take a couple weeks for them to blow up. Then it will seem like they never stop growing.
Yep!
Shes the first calf I've gotten out of my brangus bull that no one likes. Lol

So Brown Cow. The one with my hat up there^^^^^ was seen leaking a bit today from that place that babies come from.
She will have moved up at least a month if she has it soon. It will be this bulls calf. The second calf from him. Got my eyes on her!

Here's his first ever calf born right here!
Shes growing like a weed still!
Picture with 2 of my other calves. The bmf is out of Big Sexy, my hereford bull. Hes a month older..
Black calf on the right is Bessie Mae's adopted twin bull calf. Hes like 3 months older.
20210816_175130.jpg

Last edited:
Brown cow and #28 (can u believe I have one without a name???) Are both springing.
They both calved October last year. The 5th and 15th. Looks like they will have moved up. Both SHOULD be bred to this bull. But if they are early enough, could be Big Sexy's the hereford. He left here mid December.
We will see.....

Brown cow is Chi influenced angus
28 is gelbvieh/angus

I want a whole herd like Brown cow. One of the bestest cows ever. I have her 1st daughter too. Shes even sweeter.

2nd calf on the ground out of Richard!
Brown cow had hers today. Small heifer calf. Jet black. Not as much ear as her half sister. So far calving ease supreme!

This is how I found her. Shes been standing there for hours while I was stacking hay.
HELP PLEASE!
20210827_211146.jpg
Got her under the fence and back to mama. She was hungry lil fooker! Tried nursing my knees first. Then tried nursing Seven (my bottle heifer)
Finally found mama!!!
20210827_212459.jpg
20210827_211350.jpg
I know. The pics ain't great. But they are pics none the less!
Here's daddy (the lucky lottery winner) for reference.
20210808_184633.jpg

you ever get tired of raising cattle..you'd make a fantastic used car salesman...
There is a plan believe it or not.
I have some cows that are aging.
My plan is to sell after a bit and buy good quality heifers!
BUT I want a PROVEN calving ease bull for said heifers......

Calving ease on paper ain't always accurate from everything I've read.

And I'd make a terrible used car salesman btw. Being a mechanic, all cars are pieces of crap to me...🤣😂🤣

Last edited:
So I got a couple little better pics of the 2nd calf.
She is a tiny bit thicker and maybe not quite as tall. And I didn't think she had as much ear, but these pics say otherwise! 😂
20210828_201659.jpg20210828_200651.jpg20210828_200149.jpg
Mama is always so proud of her babies. Constantly licking. Shes a machine! Always forms a strong bond.

And here's the first heifer. Next to an April 23rd calf out of my Hereford bull.
The Brangus mutt sired heifer was born June 10th
We will hope they all grow like that. Hard to believe she was that tiny lil thing posted above when she was born. Still slender. But gaining fast..
20210829_094618.jpg
And next to Bessie Mae's early April born heifer. Out of a lim/long bull.
20210829_093601.jpg

Latest posts