Brahma cross bull prospect

Help Support CattleToday:

MurraysMutts said:

Weaning time... he weighs 472 pounds.
Born august 9th. What's sad is, he is the heaviest of 9 animals at 7 months. Gonna have to work on that.
But really I'm not too upset for a bunch of mutts. Most were out of heifers...
I fixed his head when we worked him too.
Lil scurs are gone. Quite handsome with his new haircut.
He sure looks a bit tall in the rear in that picture

He was out of a cow- he should have been (a lot) bigger and odd growth or not that is not a nice topline. For as cheap as you can buy bulls right now I'd go ahead and remove the jewels. Width now matters little if he won't put the pounds on them.

ALACOWMAN said:
Sell 3 -4 calves..and buy you a herd changer..

Bad cow hurts a bad bull is a disaster!
Never understood shortcuts on the bull.
As tough as prices are right now the last thing you need is a calf crop out of a back forty bull. You definitely want them out of the front pasture bull.

Agreed. Maybe by the time hes growd I can afford something else. Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do when we starting. I've spent way too much money on bulls past year and a half. Way too much money altogether.... lol
Gonna run my Hereford and my charlolais on 2 different groups and hope for the best this time. I'm really excited to see calves outta my Hereford. The charolais I'm a bit nervous but we'll see. I've seen his daddies offspring and if they are similar we should be ok.
Until then. Stand up straight!

Here's the lucky lottery winner now!
Idk. I kinda like him. There is a handful of open cows here. More calving tween now and March. He will either breed em or not I guess. Lol
20201226_084716.jpg20201226_084728.jpg

Latest posts