Brahma cross bull prospect

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23 said:
I'm just going to put this right here.

True F1 bull single and ready to mingle. Add some hybrid vigor to your heard. All equipment in tact. Priced to sell. :)

I wish I was a bit closer. Good looking bull.

MurraysMutts said:

I'll take a SWAG that he was brangus sired.

Dad had a super baldy way back when. He threw some great market calves. Consistent. Everyone of his calves were baldy, no matter the cow color. When you are taking mutts, and putting together trailer loads of market calves, the value of a consistent bull will show. You just never know unless you try. It is a gamble nevertheless.

I really like the way hes developing.
Not bad at all for 5 months and a few days old.
I plan to wean him and a mob of others end of February.
I'll make some kind of decision then.
I've got 2 heifers I'd loooove to keep too. They are out of a chi influenced bull and a chi influenced cow and a char mutt cow. Good cows.
But anyway. Cant keep em all!!

Man, if you want to try him out as a bull, and you feel confident your cows can handle what he might throw, then don't let anyone talk you out of doing it. Just do it with the intent to see what happens, not to meet some kind of uniformity goals, and if at some point you don't like the way hes turning out, haul him to town. I'd be more concerned if my cows could handle his calves the first year than I would be of what my neighbors thought.

Brute 23 said:

True F1 bull single and ready to mingle. Add some hybrid vigor to your heard. All equipment in tact. Priced to sell. :)

Still thinking on this. He would be covering Hereford cows. Any thoughts on the calf crop?

rpol said:
Man, if you want to try him out as a bull, and you feel confident your cows can handle what he might throw, then don't let anyone talk you out of doing it. Just do it with the intent to see what happens, not to meet some kind of uniformity goals, and if at some point you don't like the way hes turning out, haul him to town. I'd be more concerned if my cows could handle his calves the first year than I would be of what my neighbors thought.

I have just about decided to do just that!
He will be put with cows only. No heifers.
Still undecided for sure, but we will see...

Porkchopfat said:
Brute 23 said:

Still thinking on this. He would be covering Hereford cows. Any thoughts on the calf crop?

I actually sold him already.

I'm about to rotate a Brahman bull out that is real easy going and I've seen his calves. We know what he will do over Hereford cows. I'll PM you more details. You could get some nice heifers and if you still want to try an F1 bull you could raise your own.

Brute 23 said:
Porkchopfat said:
Brute 23 said:

I actually sold him already.

I'm about to rotate a Brahman bull out that is real easy going and I've seen his calves. We know what he will do over Hereford cows. I'll PM you more details. You could get some nice heifers and if you still want to try an F1 bull you could raise your own.

Sounds good. I look forward to hearing from you. Really like the idea of some tiger strips.

Weaning time... he weighs 472 pounds.
Born august 9th. What's sad is, he is the heaviest of 9 animals at 7 months. Gonna have to work on that.
But really I'm not too upset for a bunch of mutts. Most were out of heifers...
I fixed his head when we worked him too.
Lil scurs are gone. Quite handsome with his new haircut.
He sure looks a bit tall in the rear in that picture

If you like him go ahead. I would prefer a prospect to be stronger topped. Should be able to lay a 2x4 on his back from top of his shoulder to his hip bones and not have any space between board and back

MurraysMutts said:

Weaning time... he weighs 472 pounds.
Born august 9th. What's sad is, he is the heaviest of 9 animals at 7 months. Gonna have to work on that.
But really I'm not too upset for a bunch of mutts. Most were out of heifers...
I fixed his head when we worked him too.
Lil scurs are gone. Quite handsome with his new haircut.
He sure looks a bit tall in the rear in that picture
they go through odd phases when growing...

Latest posts