Bragging rights

Help Support CattleToday:

Tg, that's what keeps all that stuff away, chiggers, snakes, scorpions, fire ants and more, I can always put more clothes on, but you can't take enough off.

I knew there was snakes here when I bought the place. In two months I had only seen a few and none within a mile of the house. I killed that one in the flower bed on Thursday. Then this afternoon the daughter came over to visit. As I walk out to greet her there was a good size one about ten feet away in the front lawn. I ran and got the gun and shot it. Then later the two of us took some apples up to where I have a game camera. She wanted to look around and see if we could find some deer sheds. No deer shed but we did find another rattler. I killed that one with a shovel.

My brother killed a Michigan rattler a few weeks ago and didn't take the rattle! Most people in Michigan NEVER see a rattlesnake except maybe in the zoo and my brother killed one and didn't keep the rattle!

(Maybe because it's really illegal to kill them? )

My dog Maggie got bit on the face by a copperhead a few weeks ago. I'm guessing that's what it was, its the only kind of snake I usually see in the yard. She has to wear a muzzle at the vets, she hates him. A few shots and antibiotics for a week, she's fine. This dog loves killing snakes...well, loves killing anything.

Latest posts